What's new

Cleaning Your Cutter

Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Just wanted to share an experience for those who might not know any better.

I was noticing my cutter was struggling to make a clean cut on some 50+ RG smokes, so I took a moment to just wash it in soap and water.

Towel dried it and blew out the crevices with compressed air, and it’s back to working like a champ again.

Of course, YMMV, but highly recommend taking good care of your accessories.

Last edited:

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Just wanted to share an experience for those who might not know any better.

I was noticing my cutter was struggling to make a clean cut on some 50+ RG smokes, so I took a moment to just wash it in soap and water.

Towel dried it and blew out the crevices with compressed air, and it’s baxk to working like a champ again.

Of course, YMMV, but highly recommend taking good care of your accessories.
Alcohol is good for getting the tobacco oils off. (y)

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Anything with metal to metal needs a little olive oil, know as "sweet oil" in the 1700. Food grave will not kill you. Otherwise you get metal to metal rubbing, and wear.

I understand some people don't care to take care of stuff, but cry when items need be replaced.

Rating - 100%
107   0   0
So you’re saying using a Q-Tip dipped in rubbing alcohol to clean your cutter is dangerous? All hand sanitizers contains iso, my kids have been using it for years with no ill effect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coincrazed

"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum."
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
It really ETOH Ethel Alcohol, the drinkable kind.

NEVER EVER, NOT-ISOPROPYL, the kind that is poison, also know as rubbing alcohol.
I have used ISO to clean cutters. Also to clean resin out of bongs and such. As long as it evaporates, you're good.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Well the high the percentage or proof the faster it evaporates. Alcohol that is.

I use dust off if thing are really nasty, it is just air under pressure.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
So you’re saying using a Q-Tip dipped in rubbing alcohol to clean your cutter is dangerous? All hand sanitizers contains iso, my kids have been using it for years with no ill effect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like I said why take chances, when you need not.

We use to see a lot of street people in the ER at Country, they would drink after shave. Because it had alcohol.

Maybe when you have seen s**t happen, you live life on the safe side.