What's new

Clearwater/ St. Petersburgh vacation

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Looking to go to the Tampa area this June for a weeklong vacation. Wanting a hotel/resort directly on the beach. Anyone have any recommendations on where/ where not to stay? I have a friend that moved to Tampa last year, and he said anywhere from Dunedin down to St. Pete is awesome as far as beaches. Funny thing is that the week we will be there, he will be back here in Dumas visiting family. SMH
Plan on an Ybor City tour while we're there.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Clearwater Beach is nice.

I enjoyed staying at the helmsley sandcastle last time I was down that way, but it's on lido key. I think a good bit south maybe near Sarasota.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Last year we stayed a week at Indian rocks beach, across street from crabby bills which was an awesome bar and grill. Beach was empty and we had an amazing time!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a very nice Hilton in Clearwater. Good bars nearby. My BIL got married there. The rest of the family stayed in little rentable apartment styled rooms with pools about a quarter mile up and one block off the beach but almost as easy to walk. But in the Hilton there are at least 4 restaurants, 2-3 bars and right on a very nice stretch of beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Decided to book the Sheraton Sand Key resort. Now to book the flights. Figured we'd just use Uber for everything instead of a car rental.
EDIT: Went with a recommendation from my buddy that lives in Tampa.

Last edited: