What's new

CNJ Herf Wed Aug 23 JJ Bitting Brew Company Woodbridge, NJ

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
The weather has been perfect lately. We meet up on the deck (walk all the way upstairs or via the side stair case). Come on out have a micro brew and a cigar.

Directions are on the website and is right off the NJ Turnpike or Parkway.

We are usually there around 4 or 5 and stay until 11ish.

If you have any questions shoot me a PM.

http://www.njbrewpubs.com/

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
If i'm not too tired and too busy on Wednesday I'll try and make this. Btw can we eat on the roof also?

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Yep, you can get anything you want up there. They have waitresses that work it. We usually use them for the food and run our own beers from the bar since it's faster.

NYLaw

Still learning...
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Place looks cool... I'm going to see if I can make it... It looks like I could probably be there by six or seven, coming from the city.

NYLaw

Still learning...
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate the suggestion, but I'll have my car at work and I'll be driving it from work... No place to leave it, and it'll be convenient to drive back up to Bergenfield after the herfing...

If I could take the train, I probably would... But I work in Queens and I have to drive TO work from Jersey in the a.m... So far the directions I got from Yahoo says to take 278 from Queens through Staten Island (which looks fairly close to JJ Bitting), but Google maps says to go from Queens through Manhattan-> Lincoln Tunnel to NJ Turnpike South, which looks a little further but less complicated.

I have no idea where I'm going, but I think S.I. looks like the most direct way to go.

Any suggestions, if I MUST drive?

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I am up in the air about making this. There is currently a large project at work that might take up my herf time. Ben, if you are able to make it I will do my best to be there. If not, the rest of the guys will be there (about 5 or 6).

Direction wise, I will have to take a look later but I know the turnpike & parkway are both right there.

NYLaw

Still learning...
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm always glad to meet new people -- especially fellow Jersey BsOTL -- but for a trip this relatively massive (Queens to Woodbridge to Bergenfield), I'd like to know that at least one guy I know will be there.

Having said that, Tom, I totally understand if you're too busy to make it- Believe me, I can relate!

Just let me know, either posted here or in a PM either way and I'll adjust accordingly... No pressure either way!!!

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I just got back tonight from being away for the last few days. Not sure what awaits me at work tomorrow yet. So I'll pack my otter box just in case. If I'm not too swamped and exhausted I'll be there tomorrow. I'll post in the afternoon when I know how my day is going and how I'm feeling.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Looks like this project is going to keep me from attending.

Let's get something set up for next week so I can unwind

NYLaw

Still learning...
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tom-

Sounds good... As of now, next week looks wide open (in terms of after-work/evenings)... Do you know of any places further north than JR Whippany that are good?

I've been to two places in Fort Lee/ Englewood... Nothin' great at all, although there is an upscale cigar/bar in Englewood called Ninety Grand Grille... it's a very expensive (probably over-priced) restaurant, but they have a cigar-friendly bar & table area... the website of the place is found right HERE.

And you can find a review of the place right HERE on Cigar Afficianado's website... It looks VERY pricey and I don't know how they feel about BYOCs... I'm willing to make the drive to JR Whippany if that's a good atmosphere of hang-out.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
JRs in Whippany is a great great place.

I don't know of any really up North (not to say they don't exist, I have just never been up there much).

http://www.smokersdelight.com/ in Union is very nice. There is also Azucar in Jersey City.

Erich, do you know of any up North?

NYLaw

Still learning...
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
JR Whip sounds good, menu looks good and reasonable so if that's the consensus, I'll make the drive over there... Let's reconvene the discussion for next week in the thread I started about next week.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
JR's is a great place. Azucar is also very good and has great food as well. Now in Bloomfied, Geofrie has reccomended to me TITILLATIONS http://www.gogonj.com/. He said it has a very nice cigar bar upstairs and the food isn't bad either.

Btw is tonight now off?

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Is there a Lounge in those pic's, All I saw was Titilations and ASS....:headroll: