What's new

Coastal Brother from the Lone Star

Bearclaw

The dude playin the dude disquised as another dude
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Greetings Brothers,

I'm a new smoker from the Great State of Texas. I discovered this forum through some of my cigar research- the interesting thing is I found myself returning to this site for answers to almost every question! I figured enough is enough and decided to join and contribute.

I'm from the Houston area and have essentially lived here all my life. I get outside and enjoy life as often as possible. I've smoked cigars very infrequently for around 10 years, and only this year started to smoke more regularly. I think I picked up cigars so easily because my palate has reached a place that I can appreciate complex flavors, primarily as a result of my history with fine wines and whisky. I'm enjoying the medium-full body flavors and gravitate to creamy/nutty/earthy/sweet profiles that I've discovered.

My experience with cigar varieties is limited, but here's what I'm enjoying the most so far:
Warped La Colmena Unico Especial (as a special treat)
Cabal - Short Robusto
Warped - Flor Del Valle Las Brumas
Cohiba XV 650 - Torpedo​
There are a few others I've enjoyed but that list stands out in my mind at the moment. I tend to lean toward the Robusto size, but am branching out to try others.

Anyway, great to be here! I look forward to enjoying the brotherhood!

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Welcome from the panhandle. The smokes you've already posted up are some damn fine stogies. Looks like your on the downhill slide of this slippery slope on day one. You should fit in well here. Lol

Bearclaw

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Welcome from the panhandle. The smokes you've already posted up are some damn fine stogies. Looks like your on the downhill slide of this slippery slope on day one. You should fit in well here. Lol
Thanks! I'm slowly figuring out how good they are in comparison to others....now the search is on for something I like, but can afford to smoke! I'm working on some projects in your neck of the woods actually- Dumas, Perryton, Canadian.....

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Thanks! I'm slowly figuring out how good they are in comparison to others....now the search is on for something I like, but can afford to smoke! I'm working on some projects in your neck of the woods actually- Dumas, Perryton, Canadian.....
Oil related work I presume? I work at the Valero Refinery herein Sunray. If your ever up in Dumas, give me a holler.

Bearclaw

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Oil related work I presume? I work at the Valero Refinery herein Sunray. If your ever up in Dumas, give me a holler.
Yes sir, I'm a land surveyor working on gas lines primarily. It seems the only other industry in the area is farming and cattle, and I'm not real handy at either of those!

...stick around
Haha...I see what you did there.

So here's my first newb question: in the newbie information thread, I found a link to contribute to BOTL. When I click the link it says I don't have permission to access the thread. Is there a restriction in place that keeps newer members from contributing, or am I doing it wrong??

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Yes sir, I'm a land surveyor working on gas lines primarily. It seems the only other industry in the area is farming and cattle, and I'm not real handy at either of those!

So here's my first newb question: in the newbie information thread, I found a link to contribute to BOTL. When I click the link it says I don't have permission to access the thread. Is there a restriction in place that keeps newer members from contributing, or am I doing it wrong??
You have to be a member for 30 days before the rest of the forum opens up, and you can make donations. Trust me, it's worth the wait

Rating - 100%
34   0   0

HA you saw that! lol......yes so give it 30 days, cruise around the forum, see the rules, the "house keeping" type of things, eventually you'll get access to the site, others may chime in as to an early donation ?? cheers mate