What's new

Cognac

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Do any of you guys drink cognac with your cigars? I know bourbon is the hot choice along with some beers, but my uncle and I smoked some cigars with some Remy Martin VSOP and it ws fantastic! I might actually like drinking cognac with a cigar better than bourbon with a cigar.
Any recommendations of other cognacs to try?

TYLER

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I think of Hennesey when I hear cognac, although I've never given it a true tasting

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
My favorite is this one

Remy Martin Louie - Gifted by my dad a few years back.

Then its Henessy Paradis

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Never gotten into it. But I haven't tried it since I was much younger and much less experienced with straight liquor. Keep meaning to pick some up, but again, the good stuff costs with Cognac.

That bottle of Louie is worth more empty than alot of full bottles.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My favorite is this one

Remy Martin Louie - Gifted by my dad a few years back.

Then its Henessy Paradis
Ah, Richard...someone else who enjoys the "good" stuff...actually, Remy Martin Louis XIII...nice gift...how is the Hennessy Paradis btw? Never had it but l'd like to try it...do you know if it's aged 25 years like the Remy XO or 50 years like the Louis XIII? I also enjoy Grand Marnier Cuvee du Cent Cinquantenaire, their 150th anniversary blend...aged fifty years...the brandy in the bottle I have was set down to age when I was 10 years old...

dre

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
damn, you guys drink the good shit. I couldnt roll with you big dawgs. LOL
I drink a decent amount of cognac, usualy VSOPs. Im definitly not an expert on them but i like Remy Martin and Couvossier. I havnt got into the smaller houses. I enjoy the slightly sweeter style that the above mentioned houses bring. any afordable recomendations judged from my tastes from the cognac gods?

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I'm no expert either, but I rather enjoyed a bottle of Salignac VS I picked up a couple years ago.

I'm sure there are many better Cognacs though.

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
I haven't drank in many years,(like 1982) So in May when I turn 50 I had a couple glasses of Hennessy and a AF Anejo, I have always heard/seen Doc Berry from CA talk about his Cognac and Cigars. So while at the Big Smoke in Vegas I had a few glasses and liked the taste with a good Cigar.....So u r right Cognac and a Cigar is Outstanding..:yes: :smokingco

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Usually around X-Mas, you can get a gift box of Remy XO for about $120 with maybe a couple of brandy snifters...it's well worth it and unless you guzzle it a bottle will last quite a while...I think there's about 20 shots in a bottle, so as a single it costs you $6, and $12 for a double...not a bad price for something this good...and you don't have to leave a tip...be sure to warm it properly to release the bouquet and flavors...

dre

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
on the topic of warming cognac....
I personaly prefer it room temp but i went to a bar about 3 or 4 months ago and ordered a glass of hennessy. the watress brought it over and proudly stated that the bartender had taken it to the kitchen and microwaved it to warm it up. It came blistering hot LOL. I just said thanks and waited for it to cool down, I drank it luke warm but i sure as hell didnt order another one LOL

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Usually around X-Mas, you can get a gift box of Remy XO for about $120 with maybe a couple of brandy snifters...it's well worth it and unless you guzzle it a bottle will last quite a while...I think there's about 20 shots in a bottle, so as a single it costs you $6, and $12 for a double...not a bad price for something this good...and you don't have to leave a tip...be sure to warm it properly to release the bouquet and flavors...

Nothing like warm cognac.

R

RX2010

Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Remy XO is one of the finest things I've ever consumed, room temp in a snifter with a siglo II was a wonderful hour or so