What's new

Cohiba Blue Label

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not so much a review but a complaint. Got one in a sampler or as a freebie or something, I don't remember, but I've never had a non-Cuban Cohiba. My understanding is these are a "value line" cigar. Dear Lord, is that cigar horrible. Kept making me want to spit. Rarely have cigars that I absolutely hate, and that's going on my list.

I know - different taste profiles and all that - but am I in the minority here?

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Not so much a review but a complaint. Got one in a sampler or as a freebie or something, I don't remember, but I've never had a non-Cuban Cohiba. My understanding is these are a "value line" cigar. Dear Lord, is that cigar horrible. Kept making me want to spit. Rarely have cigars that I absolutely hate, and that's going on my list.

I know - different taste profiles and all that - but am I in the minority here?
Can't bring myself to try one, but stores and online shops try to act like NC Cohiba are "premiums".... I guess the blue is the budget of the brand but I don't expect much from any of them.
L'at and Illusione have pretty much ruined me.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Yes, most, and a few. Still not as good as Illusione, IMHO
I'm guessing you like spice more than me, or our palates just perceive them differently.
Have you tried eccj or Haute 10. How many Epernay or Original Documents? Asking for a friend!
Epernay is possibly my favorite NC, or at the very least in my top 5. While I've loved every other illusione, and can always depend on being pleased with any Dion stick, most have just a little too much spice or earth to my palate to be quite as perfect to me as most L'ats. Close though. They're definitely my top 3 brands.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just out grilling some chicken and had a Macanudo Cafe Hyde Park and it was better than I expected. How about that... In the same day I find a really nice cigar and a bad one and I would have guess they would have been reversed. I don't know that I would buy the Macanudo but I would happily smoke one if given.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I was just out grilling some chicken and had a Macanudo Cafe Hyde Park and it was better than I expected. How about that... In the same day I find a really nice cigar and a bad one and I would have guess they would have been reversed. I don't know that I would buy the Macanudo but I would happily smoke one if given.
Hmm, to me the Mac is unquestionably one of the worst cigars I've ever had. Didn't finish it, and wouldn't smoke another on a dare.