What's new

Cohiba Lancero

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
I smoked one of these on my recent camping trip last weekend.

Damn, if it wasn't one of the best cigars I've smoked. It was am '01 and I have three more of those and two '96s left. How does the Esplendido compare to these? Still need to try one of those.

owljones

habanoholics anonymous
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I cherish these things and when you get one that draws perfectly...pure heaven.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I've never had a Lanceros but Esplendidos are great IMO. Give yourself plenty of time to smoke one though. I think the last one I had was around two hours smoking time.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Well, this one had a perfect draw.

I can't afford to buy Cohibas by the box. I am resigned to trades and gifts for now.

Maybe if I get a big bonus one quarter I can squeeze tham into one of my splits.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, I've never tried the Lancero. I have had some Esplendildos and did not care for them, the draw was tight and a mild cigar for my taste. The Esplendildos out of the Reserva box however were awesome, it may be the best box I own :bigeyes:

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I agree 100% on the Reserva! Haven't had the Esplendidos from that but my first Cuban was a CSR Medias Coronas and it was the best cigar I've ever had before or since.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Always been a little hesitant to pick up the Lancero because of its smaller ring - tends to have more draw problems the smaller they get.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard that smaller rings tend to have draw problems, but I haven't experienced any problems yet with cigars like the Cohiba Lancero or the Trini Fundadores. I think age and humidity play a big part of it; if you make sure they are aged and at the correct Rh things tend to work better. :)

Mike

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
56Tweed said:
I've heard that smaller rings tend to have draw problems, but I haven't experienced any problems yet with cigars like the Cohiba Lancero or the Trini Fundadores. I think age and humidity play a big part of it; if you make sure they are aged and at the correct Rh things tend to work better. :)

Mike
Absolutely, most draw problems are caused by poor storage imo. Too wet, no smokey.

Bruce5

--
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Lanceros will tend to have some more draw problems because of their
shape... but when they are on....LOOK OUT. My favorite regular production
Cohiba.
I only look at my Resevas, Rollman. :eyepoke:

Rating - 100%
15   0   1
I have a ton of 96s and they are on my regular smoking rotation now, they are on their game at the moment. I have gifted a lot of them to people on this board as well as some 94s that are stellar at the moment.

Seg..