What's new

Cohiba Robustos Supremo

Rating - 100%
153   0   0
I picked it up for a visual inspection. First thing I noticed is a stem sticking out of the foot. Pulled it out and no harm there. The wrapper is dark and smooth, no soft or hard spots on the body and feels pretty good. I gave it a punch and the cold draw resistance is perfect. The flavor of the cold draw is best described as “meh”. It really doesn’t taste like anything. At this point I’m setting the cigar up for failure because in my opinion it’s just too damn big.

Toasted the foot and off we go. BAM! Initials flavors of molasses and cocoa are amazing. The retrohale is smooth as silk. Cigar is Full flavor, but medium in body. I have quickly figured out that it is impossible to put the cigar in your mouth and enjoy drawing on it. Might sound silly, but I just put my lips up to the cigar like I’m kissing it and draw that way. This may not be the best way to describe how I’m drawing on it, but all I can think of. The burn is razor sharp. Draw and flavors stay consistent through the first third.

Second third is right in line with the first. No noticeable changes.

Last third is a beast. For the first time in a long time I can feel the Nic kick. Refilled my water with mango lemonade and walked around a bit to combat the dizziness. The cigar has ramped up to more of a med/full body and the flavors intensify. Now getting strong espresso and wood. The flavor change isn’t a bad one. The sweetness that was in the first two thirds is gone giving way to more intense flavor that is enjoyable.

Final thoughts: I wanted to hate this cigar due to size and price. Quite the opposite happened and I really enjoyed it. I have a few singles left and ponder maybe picking up a few more. Holding in line with the EL program this tastes nothing like a Cohiba, but I’m OK with that. Great change of pace and I enjoy an EL once in a while.

Mike

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Nice review Mike! Channeling Bart on the "meh". Ha. I too want to hate this thing but maybe I will up my expectations a bit. Thanks for posting.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Thanks for the review Mike. I've been waiting for someone to review this monster. How long did it take to smoke?

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I was just reading about this stick in C A. It looked Damn good then I get on here and I see this! Why must you taunt me? =) sounds like an amazing smoke!

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Shoot, honestly no idea. I usually know about what time I head out to smoke, but can't remember last night
Ha, that just means it was a good night. :) Thanks for the review. I've been on the fence but I may grab a couple singles just so I can give it a shot. Biggest deterrent is comfort and not usually liking a cigar that fat, but nothing ventured nothing gained.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Nice review on a cigar that I really enjoy. I love the brand anyway so they could make it any size and I'd be a fan but I get how some feel with that kind of RG...to me it's like having a 2 1/2 Rib Eye instead of an inch and a half...so meaty!!