What's new

Cohiba Selección Reserva Coronas Especiales

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
I sat out on the back wooden porch a hour before the sun was to rest for the evening. The atmosphere was very comfortable with a slight breeze coming in from the northeast.

It was just the Coronas Especiales, my standard drinking choice of A&W Cream Soda, the Palio cutter, the Vector lighter, the iPod & myself in isolation.

This Cohiba Selección Reserva harolds a six inch length and a ring gauge of 38. Beautiful wrapper and a pigtail cap that would make Wilber from Charlotte's Web proud.

A snippety-clip and combustion of the wind-proof butane flame against one of Cuba's finest natural raw material later... we we're on!

The iPod was playing some of my most loved musica scores while taking in this Cohiba beaut. Appearance, draw & taste all commenced in unison to provide one hell of a smoking experience! Rather than programatically breaking down the nuances of flavors, I let this fine habano work it's magic. I set back and took in life until the sun rested it's lumination and my fingers seared from the nubbing.

The best part of this cigar? It was gifted by a generous BOTL here and gave me a chance to experience a habano that I would probably not have had the oppurtunity to do so without their graciousness. Thanks for sharing the brotherhood!

IHT

Im-Ho-Tep
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
ah... the SRs. i was talked into facilitating a split of a box of these with 2 other guys. i think i gave away 5 or 6 of the 10, have smoked 3, still have 1 piramide left.... and it might be a gift to someone...

i'm just not a cohiba fan. i thought that these might have the light go on for me....

i was wrong.

lol... i, too, drink A&W cream soda, use a palio, and vector... the palio and vector aren't that big of a deal, but the A&W cream soda is not that common of a drink for most cigar smokers.

glad you enjoyed your experience.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
There have been a few boxes of these that didn't impress, but when they are on they are ON. 2002 production is preferred, but some of the 03s were incredible as well. At their prices (though they seem comparatively reasonable as Habanos increases the cost of everything again and again), every box should be a winner -- but that's why you need a good vendor, patience, and a bit of luck.