What's new

Cohiba Siglo VI

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
The cigar comes from a box of 10 stamped TPO SEP 13. So I guess it has about 18 months of age now. Visually the cigar is light brown with a slightly oily wrapper with some visible veins and excellent seams. The cigar has no soft spots and is well packed. The foot on this one had a very small crack in the wrapper at the foot from shipping. it presented no problems during the smoke. A couple of things I want to get out up front. The only Cohiba that I have ever smoked was a Siglo I that came from James Fox cigars in London, England that was brought back to me by a friend of my wife's sometime around the mid 1990's. I remember that cigar was smoked in the garage on a cold winter evening and it did not impress me all that much. This sticks are expensive and at least to me will never be an everyday smoke. I bought this box of 10 with very high expectations of something very special.
IMG_3639.jpg

IMG_3642.jpg
There won't be photos after the first 1/2 half of the cigar as my camera battery died. So it is what it is but it did take place. :cigar:. The scent at the foot is hay and some spice with some fleeting notes of dry cocoa. After a straight cut the pre-draw was more of the same. The draw is just superb. After toasting and lighting the cigar produced a large volume of creamy smoke that was loaded with sweet earthy, slightly peppery notes. The pepperiness was felt on the sides of the tongue rather than the back of the the throat. The thing that struck me during the first 1/3 of this cigar was just how smooth and integrated things were. There was some citrus note and sweet grassiness throughout the first part of the cigar.

The burn was just excellent. No touch-ups or re-lights required. The draw remained excellent throughout the smoke and produced large volumes of smoke. During the 2/3 that sweet citrus grassiness continued. The smoke remained smooth with some hints of coffee and just of hint of sweet cedar. The ash was dense enough to pick up between the finger and thumb and held firmly for greater than an inch.
IMG_3644.jpg

The final third was citrus fruity, coffee notes, sweet cedar and some sweet spice. The finish was just superb. This cigar showed incredible finesse, balance and complexity throughout the smoke.
IMG_3646.jpg

Well for me the cigar meet all of my expectations and exceeded them. This was just a hedonistic experience. To date this was the most memorable cigar I have smoked. If it gets better than this it is probably best that I don't know about it.
One can only hope that the remainder of this box smokes as well and delivers the same experience as this particular smoke did. Wow!(y)(y)(y)

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
The only time I've ever had this cigar, I was 19 and on mid deployment R&R in Dubai. You know that thread on here, "Your Most Earned Cigar"? This was mine, and coupled with the first opportunity in months to have my favorite liquor, was easily the most memorable cigar experience I've had. Great review, Dave

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Your review read like a romance novel ( not that I read these mind you ) but this cigar as you've discovered is one of my all time favorites along with the Siglo IV and the king of kings...Espy.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks for sharing. I'm hoping to pick up a Siglo IV or VI single to try myself when I'm in Bermuda in a couple of weeks.