What's new

Cold Brewed Iced Tea?

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Hey summer is fast approaching and i love fresh brewed iced tea but mine turns cloudy and only stays fresh for 1-2 days max. While searching for solutions to these problems came across a cold brewing method.
My current method is this. To make a Quart of iced tea i brew 4tsp loose leaf tea in 2cups of hot water let it steep time depending on tea i'm using. let it cool down then add 2 cups of water. will sometimes cloud on me believe cause the tea was cooled to quickly but tastes fine. the other thing is last a day or two before it turns "bad" i.e. bitter

my questions for cold brewing are this.

Is it as flavorful as when brewed with hot water? do i use more leaves for same amount of flavor?

will the tea keep fresher longer?

how long do i let the tea "brew" in cold water.

thanks for any help you can give me.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I think you would just let it brew till its as dark as you like it, then remove or strain out the tea leaves. You might want to try a little more leaves to speed up the process.

I would always brew it with hot water really strong and then put it over ice while it is hot. Most of the ice melts and dilutes it at the same time. Might want to try keeping it nice and dark in the fridge and then mixing with water to drink. If it gets better you could try cutting it with some lemon or fruit juice.