What's new

College Football Pick 'Em 2021

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
It's getting to be that time of year, so I thought I'd start a pick 'em game.

Each week one game will be picked from each of the "power 5" conferences(PAC12, ACC, BIG10, BIG12, and SEC), for a total of 5 picks per week.

Some games will have non-power 5 conference team games against the power 5(Miss. St. vs. Houston), some will be inside the power 5(LSU vs. USC), and some will be in conference(Michigan vs. Michigan State).

Picks will be based on your confidence in who will win each game. 1 point for a game you are least confident about, going up to 5 points for the game you are most confident about. 15 points possible per week.

The winner at the end of the season will receive 5 cigars from each player.

Who's in?

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks, Matt

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I’m busy as hell lately but might be down for this...

Just to clarify, it’s ok to pick a power 5 team over a blood donor team? What about a limit on how many times you can pick a team - can you pick Alabama every week, for example? What about games inside the power 5 but spanning 2 conferences - does that 1 game count as 2 picks?

highsierrasmokin'

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I’m busy as hell lately but might be down for this...

Just to clarify, it’s ok to pick a power 5 team over a blood donor team? What about a limit on how many times you can pick a team - can you pick Alabama every week, for example? What about games inside the power 5 but spanning 2 conferences - does that 1 game count as 2 picks?
Blood donor team???:LOL:

Bama may have one of their games picked in the whole season. I won't be picking Bama games every week. That would be pretty boring right?

I pick 5 games every week as I said above. For example:

Alabama @ Moorehead St. (I know Bama is going to win by a mile so I put my 5 points on bama winning cuz I'm %100 confident they will win that game)

Oregon @ North Carolina (Could be a close game, so I'll put my 3 points on that game.)

Michigan @ Indiana (Could be close as well, but I'm pretty certain Indiana will win, so I put my 4 points on that game)

Georgia @ Clemson (To close to call, so I'll put my 1 point on that game, because I have the least condfidence in who will be the winner)

West Virginia @ App. St (Pretty sure WV will win, but we all know what App. St has done in the past. I'll put my 2 points this game, because it's almost to close to call. Not much confidence in this one)

I already have a group set up in the ESPN Fantasy app if that would be easier. That has 10 games to pick from every week, all based on confidence in who the winner will be. Let me know if you'd rather do that.

highsierrasmokin'

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
points? over/under ? don't understand the 5,4,3,2,1 thing but total winning games with spread?
This has nothing to do with the spread, only confidence. You give the most points to the games that you are most confident on who the winner will be. If a Bama game is picked, you know damn well I'm gonna put 5 points on that game. You then have 4 points you can put down on one of the other games, etc.

Like I said above, maybe we should just use the ESPN Fantasy App. It would be way easier and it keeps track of points, but we have to pick from 10 games.

Last edited:

highsierrasmokin'

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Here's photos of the app, which shows how it works. I'm doing the same thing, but only 5 games a week instead of 10 a week.

The "points for win" are the points you get if you pick the winner of that game correctly.

See the BYU @ Arizona on the bottom pic? I know Arizona upsets good teams every year. They are showing BYU having 90% chance of winning though. I'm still not to confident about BYU winning so , I'm not going to lose 10 points on that pick. So I click on the points for win button and switch that down to maybe 2 points. I'd rather lose 2 points on this pick than 10.

The Georgia @ Clemson game I'm gonna risk my 4 points on that, because it could be close, but I feel Clemson will win. On the photo they have this game in the 8 point slot. I'm moving it down to the 4 point slot.

I'm going to leave the LSU @ UCLA in the 9 point spot. That's any easy 9 points.

I know the Sooners are gonna kick Tulanes ass, so I'm putting that game in the 10 point slot. 100% confidence on Oklahoma winning.

It's about putting the most points on the games your confident about. You only get ONE 10 point pick so you use it wisely. You use your 9, 8, and 7 point picks as wisely as possible too.

Whoever gets the most picks right wins the most points.

Is this starting to make sense? I feel like I'm talking jibberish, but what else is new.:LOL:

Attachments

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Blood donor team???:LOL:

Bama may have one of their games picked in the whole season. I won't be picking Bama games every week. That would be pretty boring right?

I pick 5 games every week as I said above. For example:

Alabama @ Moorehead St. (I know Bama is going to win by a mile so I put my 5 points on bama winning cuz I'm %100 confident they will win that game)

Oregon @ North Carolina (Could be a close game, so I'll put my 3 points on that game.)

Michigan @ Indiana (Could be close as well, but I'm pretty certain Indiana will win, so I put my 4 points on that game)

Georgia @ Clemson (To close to call, so I'll put my 1 point on that game, because I have the least condfidence in who will be the winner)

West Virginia @ App. St (Pretty sure WV will win, but we all know what App. St has done in the past. I'll put my 2 points this game, because it's almost to close to call. Not much confidence in this one)

I already have a group set up in the ESPN Fantasy app if that would be easier. That has 10 games to pick from every week, all based on confidence in who the winner will be. Let me know if you'd rather do that.
OK, got it - we all pick winners of either 5 (or maybe 10) specific games, not 5 games of our own choosing every week - right?

highsierrasmokin'

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
OK, got it - we all pick winners of either 5 (or maybe 10) specific games, not 5 games of our own choosing every week - right?
Exactly! If you want to keep it to 5 games, I will pick those 5 games every week. Otherwise we can use the app and do 10 games a week.

The app keeps track of the scores for us so it would be a lot easier. Some people get overwhelmed by picking 10 games because they aren't that familiar with all the teams.

Doesn't matter to me.

highsierrasmokin'

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
There’s really only one thing you need to know about college football - the games are played on Saturdays, and Saturdays are better than Sundays for drinking all day and watching football on tv.
From this day forward you shall be known as "multi-useless The Truth Speaker". :love:(y)(y)