What's new

Color of my Ash

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Last night I lit a Choix Supreme (from Mark).

After about 1 inch or so, the ash suddenly turned into two colors. It was so weird. It was split right down the middle - one half black and one half grey. It lasted for about 3/4 of the cigar.

I don't think it affected taste or burn. Anyone else seen/heard of this? Any reason why?

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
N2Advnture said:
...a combination of 2 like tobaccos grown in different fields maybe?
That's exactly what I thought.

Either that or the roller lady's right thigh was dirty and her left was not. :smt061

Texas Cop

Cavalry Scout
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Is it possible that the cigar came in contact with some substance in your humidor? Did you use your normal lighter when lighting this cigar? Those are the only two things that I can think of...

Andrew

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I would assume that they put their weeeeed in there j/k

I have seen the ash split and discolor... never for more than about a 1/4 of a cigar though... oh the mystery of habanos

Also...

that whole left leg right leg thing... Maybe she rubbed it on her third leg :smt013

Have fun thinking of that :wink: :twisted:

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
jordon said:
Last night I lit a Choix Supreme (from Mark).

After about 1 inch or so, the ash suddenly turned into two colors. It was so weird. It was split right down the middle - one half black and one half grey. It lasted for about 3/4 of the cigar.

I don't think it affected taste or burn. Anyone else seen/heard of this? Any reason why?
It is cubas new answer to the fuente between the lines marketing success.... it's just that in cuba, the interesting part with a cigar is when you smoke it.. not so much before you torch it.. hence their marketing respons to this particular cigar only manifests itself when you are smoking it :wink:

Dr. Evil

Evil genius
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This is all dependant on the blend/bunch. Some of the leaves leave a lighter ash (especially the wrapper) where some leave darker, depending more on the density of the leaf than the content of the soil, although soil content does come into play, and since all tobacco in Cuba is not grown on one farm, there will be variations.

If it tasted good, why worry about what color the ash is? :roll: