What's new

Combustion Issues

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Having some serious issues keeping a cigar lit. Three different sticks tonight all from a dry box. Tatuaje black cg, illusione singulare misserere and a Illusione cigares prive robusto. All have been in the dry box for at least a week. All three have issues staying lit. I prefer a slower cadence, but even puffing away doesn’t help. Cigar gets hot and acrid yet still goes out. Temps outside have been in the upper 80’s with 40% rh. Temp inside ranging from 65-75. Humidors have been holding around 68%. These sticks have been dry boxed in the cellophane. Maybe that is the issue? Idk. Super frustrating. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Having some serious issues keeping a cigar lit. Three different sticks tonight all from a dry box. Tatuaje black cg, illusione singulare misserere and a Illusione cigares prive robusto. All have been in the dry box for at least a week. All three have issues staying lit. I prefer a slower cadence, but even puffing away doesn’t help. Cigar gets hot and acrid yet still goes out. Temps outside have been in the upper 80’s with 40% rh. Temp inside ranging from 65-75. Humidors have been holding around 68%. These sticks have been dry boxed in the cellophane. Maybe that is the issue? Idk. Super frustrating. Thoughts?

Lower your humidor
i stayed with 69 percent bovedas forever but at times I’d have issues. Switched to 65 percent now my smokes are stored around 62-64. Fixed the problem you’re mentioning Worked for me anyhow.

dry box will only fix wrapper issues in my opinion. Once the whole cigar reaches approximately whatever you store at I don’t believe the dry box method works

In my desktop humidor I use just water in a cup. I find drybocing those help as the humidity only briefly goes above target

it’ll take a weeks to lower humidity in your stash.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Lower your humidor
i stayed with 69 percent bovedas forever but at times I’d have issues. Switched to 65 percent now my smokes are stored around 62-64. Fixed the problem you’re mentioning Worked for me anyhow.

dry box will only fix wrapper issues in my opinion. Once the whole cigar reaches approximately whatever you store at I don’t believe the dry box method works

In my desktop humidor I use just water in a cup. I find drybocing those help as the humidity only briefly goes above target

it’ll take a weeks to lower humidity in your stash.
Thanks for the advice. I’m pretty sure you’re spot on. Will look at a lower rh solution for my long term storage.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
If you want to keep them in the dry box for only a week you may need to remove the cellos. As @Jakethesnake mentioned lowering the humidity in your long term storage is a good idea. If NEWA is an acronym for North East Washington outside humidity shouldn't be a big concern for you.

Thebutcher

testing testing.....is this thing on?
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there was a thread here,I couldn't find it about temp and its affect on RH
I had the same problem and found I was storing my sticks in a part of the house that was to warm(In the summer ) I moved them to a cooler spot and it fixed the problem
this may be your problem but if you have a wineadore that probably isn't the case.