What's new

Condiments of the Craft

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
For all of you guys who actively watch what you eat and/or are heavy into fitness, what is your condiment of choice for livening up repetitive/redundant meals?

I live on sriracha, low sodium soy, reduced sugar ketchup, and green dragon sauce from Trader Joe's. Oh and cinnamon for my oatmeal.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I'm heavy and watching what I eat... less into fitness, but I'm trying to find time.

Greek yogurt with some low-sodium ranch mix or cajun seasoning for veggie dip. Or fresh garlic, dill, and lemon juice makes a good dip too. Salsa, tapatio, and sriracha on my morning eggs and spinach. Also kind of walking the line between trying to use healthy condiments and just using regular stuff in much smaller portions.

But I'm eating a lot of stuff just on it's own. Get a lot of veggies and fruit from local farms, so there's a lot of flavor there already.

memphsdad

Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I'm heavy and watching what I eat... less into fitness, but I'm trying to find time.

Greek yogurt with some low-sodium ranch mix or cajun seasoning for veggie dip. Or fresh garlic, dill, and lemon juice makes a good dip too. Salsa, tapatio, and sriracha on my morning eggs and spinach. Also kind of walking the line between trying to use healthy condiments and just using regular stuff in much smaller portions.

But I'm eating a lot of stuff just on it's own. Get a lot of veggies and fruit from local farms, so there's a lot of flavor there already.
Depending on your dietary preferences, sometimes the regular stuff is better for you. When I am eating low carb for instance, I put ranch and butter on everything. Not light ranch, full flavor give me the fat ranch.

Right now I am doing a body recomp diet that I used to run often before my son was born. It's very bland and monotonous, but has always worked for me.
Every day looks pretty much like this, although not necessarily in this order: Chicken/Rice, Ground Beef/Broccoli, Chicken/Sweet Potato, Ground Beef/Broccoli, Egg Whites/Oatmeal, Whey Protein.
When I eat like this, I thrive on condiments to get past the redundancy.

nc_6789

Nick
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Mustard, tobasco, franks red hot, balsamic - and don't forget seasonings bro, makes a huggeeeee difference

nc_6789

Nick
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I'm not a white girl, I know how to season my food lol. The problem is that when you bulk cook a batch of meat, you can't season individual portions differently.
Lmaoooo!!

You can try messin with some seasonings and get a light marinade and bulk cook some if it helps

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
My everything sauce is made of: Red Boat fish sauce, squeeze of fresh lime, chopped Thai chile & garlic (totally fine to use Sambal in place of the fresh stuff), a little sugar, a little rice wine vinegar, and a little liquid smoke. It's good on everything. Vegetables, salads, meats, eggs, pasta, pizza, any and all leftovers…

memphsdad

Rating - 100%
116   0   0
My everything sauce is made of: Red Boat fish sauce, squeeze of fresh lime, chopped Thai chile & garlic (totally fine to use Sambal in place of the fresh stuff), a little sugar, a little rice wine vinegar, and a little liquid smoke. It's good on everything. Vegetables, salads, meats, eggs, pasta, pizza, any and all leftovers…
That actually sounds good, you should bottle that shit and sell it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk