What's new

Confusion Over Wrappers

Gabriel Theodoulos

Uncle Gabe
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question here that I am hoping some of you more-knowledgeable folk might understand.

Last night I won an auction for a 5-pack Don Pepin Garcia's Cubin Classic 1950 Toros. On CigarBid's web page, they describe the cigar as Full bodied with a Corojo Wrapper. Yet on My Father's web page, they claim these are Medium-Full bodied cigars with a Habano-Rosado wrapper.

My question is, are they saying the same thing?
What's the difference and who should I believe?
....And does this happen often?

Or is the whole problem based upon my OCD??? 8^P

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
"My question is, are they saying the same thing?"
of course not.

"What's the difference and who should I believe?"
different strains of tobacco. Believe the maker.

Cbid is trying to sell cigars,they are "Famous" for taking poetic license, so you will find that Cbid descriptions of cigars they sell can be nebulous sometimes.
One man's medium strength is another man's full.

and yes,you worry entirely too much,smoke the dang things.

Last edited:

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Gotta love Marketing and Advertising to sell product. Definitions can be subjective at times and nothing gets more interesting in the Cigar Biz than nomenclature and salesmanship. Medium to full bodied is a stretch,,,that covers a lot of ground esp. when you try to attach a "full bodied" tail to it and yet want to incorporate it as being medium as well....try that approach in the Hot Sauce Industry...it's either hot or it's not. Experience is going to tell you what is full bodied....medium strength.... ( intensity usually comes to mind and then we can discuss BOLD flavors in the same conversation....) dissecting these terms should be done with a certain amount of leeway and not get caught up in the terminology so much. Our tastes vary....new members tend to think that Medium is Full....while Veteran smokers will tell you that Full is Medium because our tastes can dull over the years and what might have been full 10 years ago to me is now barely Medium.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
When I first read the post early this morning I was curious enough to look at a bunch of the review sites and see how the wrapper was described. Very interesting how widespread this discrepancy is. The wrapper colors seem to be pretty similar which could have lead to the confusion.

If you are interested in pursuing this look up descriptions of the two wrappers, color, taste, and texture and then compare what you find in the cigars you receive to what you read. The wrappers may be similar enough to not effect the overall taste of the cigar.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question here that I am hoping some of you more-knowledgeable folk might understand.

Last night I won an auction for a 5-pack Don Pepin Garcia's Cubin Classic 1950 Toros. On CigarBid's web page, they describe the cigar as Full bodied with a Corojo Wrapper. Yet on My Father's web page, they claim these are Medium-Full bodied cigars with a Habano-Rosado wrapper.

My question is, are they saying the same thing?
What's the difference and who should I believe?
....And does this happen often?

Or is the whole problem based upon my OCD??? 8^P
Habano is just a general term. It can mean criollo, Corojo or any other Cuban seed leaf. Rosado is the just the color of the leaf. That’s why a lot of times different sites list the wrapper differently.