What's new

Container/towel

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s a good type of towel/container to store my tobacco leafs in? also how damp do I want my towel for my tobacco leafs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I wouldn't store them with a wet towel. As you bunch, bind, and wrap you may want a damp towel so the leaves don't get overly dry and crackly while working them.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Has anyone done this with filler piles? @BrewinHooligan, @blisscigarco, @Marc_L
I love A/C down here in the south, which obviously dries everything out... can't leave filler out of the bags for too long.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
I just chuck my bags, barely closed , into the big loose-lidded tuppers. Temps are in the 70s here, RH in the 70s-90s. No worries.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I store leaf dry in large Tupperware buckets. When I get ready to work with the leaf filler gets a small spritz and gets placed in 2.5gal ziplocks. Binder and wrapper are brought up to case in a large plastic bag and then put in the same large ziplocks when ready

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
I store leaf dry in large Tupperware buckets. When I get ready to work with the leaf filler gets a small spritz and gets placed in 2.5gal ziplocks. Binder and wrapper are brought up to case in a large plastic bag and then put in the same large ziplocks when ready
So you're constantly pulling them out of the ziplocks when bunching?

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Yes, where I am I'm usually 10% humidity or less so it's a must.
I see, I dislike it cuz it slows down bunching.

Ideally, i build a room in the house (humidor) where i can control the humidity... hmmmmm walk-in humidor and rolling room... the Mrs. isn't going to like this idea lol

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I would die with that rH... i think our place is around 40%

It's not as terrible as it would be in some other places. It's not like sticky or clammy or anything. You can feel it in your bones sometimes, tho, when you get a little older....

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep my leaf in the bags it was shipped in, stacked into a Rubbermaid tote. (actually 2 totes, since the first is full) When I prepare to roll, I count out the leave I need, spritz them with DW and place them in plastic bags to rest until the next day. Filler gets one spritz on one side, and the leaves are stacked wet to dry. Binder gets a spritz both sides, and wrapper gets 3 spritzes on 2 sides. Stems stay in during casing because I believe it helps the moisture spread evenly throughout the lamina.