What's new

Controlling Temperature

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my first humidor recently. Also got the Cigar Oasis Excel humidifier. Have relative humidity dialed in at 68, but can't seem to get the temperature regulated below 71 degrees. Temperature in the house never gets set above 69 degrees. I've moved the humidor to several spots throughout the house. Same temperature reading. Any suggestions to lowering the humidor temperature would be appreciated. Moving to another, possibly cooler state is not an option. Thanks!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hard to imagine that the house is at 68 and your humi is running higher then ambient temperature. I'm sure you checked ambient temp where the humidor sits with a stand alone thermo.
May try placing the humidor on a tile floor or on the concrete if you have a slab. Concrete and tile are good temperature buffers because of their mass.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to imagine that the house is at 68 and your humi is running higher then ambient temperature. I'm sure you checked ambient temp where the humidor sits with a stand alone thermo.
May try placing the humidor on a tile floor or on the concrete if you have a slab. Concrete and tile are good temperature buffers because of their mass.
Good idea. Thanks.