What's new

Conversation With Fidel

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Very cool. So fascinating and quite frankly, refreshing to see a different perception on such a complex political cluster F*ck. I love when she asked him if he would ever make the first move to reconcile the embargo and he so eloquently stated: "How can we take the first step? We are the ones whom the blockade is imposed against. If we had a mutual blockade, then we could take the first step. But how can we? The first step should be taken by the U.S."
The US assumed they were done after the fall of USSR but 25 years later they still hold out. Stubborn and proud would be an understatement here. LOL
What is so amazing is how much OUR economic stability has changed in 20 years. Not for the better I might add.

Thanks for the great article!!

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Wow! Very cool. So fascinating and quite frankly, refreshing to see a different perception on such a complex political cluster F*ck. I love when she asked him if he would ever make the first move to reconcile the embargo and he so eloquently stated: "How can we take the first step? We are the ones whom the blockade is imposed against. If we had a mutual blockade, then we could take the first step. But how can we? The first step should be taken by the U.S."
The US assumed they were done after the fall of USSR but 25 years later they still hold out. Stubborn and proud would be an understatement here. LOL
What is so amazing is how much OUR economic stability has changed in 20 years. Not for the better I might add.

completely agree! Love the perspective shown

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Interesting I read somewhere that knew he was going to have the embargo with Cuba and may have held off a day or two until he had boxes of his favorite cigar. Should've given the rest of America a heads up lol.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1

completely agree! Love the perspective shown
Most CC enthusiasts and retailers think that IF the embargo were ever dissolved, the quality of Havanas would rapidly decline, due to the sudden overwhelming demand. Production would not be able to keep up with demand, and quality control would go out the window, not to mention increased prices.
Although the embargo represents "challenges" to the U.S. buyer, let's hope it remains as long as possible, despite how silly it may seem :)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting I read somewhere that knew he was going to have the embargo with Cuba and may have held off a day or two until he had boxes of his favorite cigar. Should've given the rest of America a heads up lol.
Yes apparently JFK ordered 30 something boxes just prior to the embargo. Bastards!! Outside of the "inner circle" politicians Washington's foreign policy of "containment" did nothing for the prevention of the spread of communism except cost the US tens of thousands of lives of brave soldiers and keep us from great smokes!!! I have a hunch the JFK conspiracy might involve disgruntled cigar smokers.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Yes apparently JFK ordered 30 something boxes just prior to the embargo. Bastards!! Outside of the "inner circle" politicians Washington's foreign policy of "containment" did nothing for the prevention of the spread of communism except cost the US tens of thousands of lives of brave soldiers and keep us from great smokes!!! I have a hunch the JFK conspiracy might involve disgruntled cigar smokers.
Could be I just imagine how it was to be able to get them one day and poof they're gone. Guys lost their shit over the DE thing yesterday lol.