What's new

Converted Blanket Chest

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I built a blanket chest about 10 years ago that has been spending it's life in the closet for the past 5 or so years. Since my new hobby of smoking and buying cigars has taken off, I was in need of somewhere for aging and long term storage. I was going to go the coolador route, but thought hey, what about that blanket chest. I pulled it out of the closet and started to work. I went to the lumber yard and bought some spanish cedar that I resawed to 3/8" to line it with. I added some weatherstripping around the top to seal the lid and started the process of getting the humidity up. It has taken about 2 weeks but it is holding between 67-69%. I have a pound of climaxx beads in it now also. I will try and post some pics in a couple of days, as soon as I can find my camera.

Attachments

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Good idea. We have one filled with sweatshirts that sits right next to one of my small coolers. Sure would like to do the same to it (if my S/O would let me). I look forward to seeing the pictures.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a cedar (im pretty sure) made chest from my father in law that i have been contemplating doing this too... would like to see your pics.