What's new

Coolerdor ?'s for ya

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
OK I got mine up and running (no pic's yet). Things seem to be running good.
I have 5 box's inside, RH is between 65-69, Using beads from Heartfelt I'm using about a 1/3 pound for the 50 quart size. I have the Coolerdor standing up right in the Basement So good cool temp year round.

1. So do I crack the cigar boxes a lil or leave then closed. ??
2. I'm looking for shelves to put inside (Spanish Ceder) (someplace on the web has them, Cut to fit, do u think I could find it now ???
3. If I do have some dryer cigar , can I re-humi them and get them back to life???
4. What else do I need to know??? :dunno:

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
1. Most folk leave them closed to limit the airflow over the sticks so not to speed up the aging process. There is no need to crack the box open for RH reasons. Even slb's, cabs, or varnished boxes will allow enough RH to get inside.

2. Bargainhumidors.com had them if you give the exact dimensions for the cooler, not sure if they do that now or not.

3. Sure you can re humidity in there. Possibly leave in a plastic storage baggie and leave the zipper part slightly opened if there really dry to prevent rapid expansion. If they are close in RH as the humi, just stick them in there for a week or two before smoking.

4. Don't sweat the RH too much. If they smoke and taste good, then the RH is good. Start saving now, cause you may just outgrow that unit in no time.

PS, I have some spare 1/4' Spanish cedar, LMK if you have a need for that. Best of luck with your new storage unit.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Leave the boxes closed and the fuller the cooler is, the better the RH will be. I got my trays from BH a long time ago. They should either be in stock or backordered. I'm sure you'll catch it if your cigars really dry out. But either way, if you notice the RH hovering below 60%, or it's 5-10% below where you like it, then just add some water to the beads.

Ratbert

BoM Oct '07
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
One thing that I did was place an Oust fan in each of my 48 quart coolers. Might not really need it, but I just felt better having the humidified air move around a little from time to time.

Cost around $6 at the grocery store and takes 1 "D" battery. They kick on for 5 minutes and then shut off for 15. Very, very slight air movement...in fact, if you place your hand in front of it, you can hardly feel the air move. Just a thought.

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Thanks for the Info guys, I'll try Bargainhumidors.com for the shelves, and I do have my eye on more boxes, Good thing I just worked all the Overtime on the fires, cuz the CC will be hitting here soon .......OUCH :crytears:

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
One thing that I did was place an Oust fan in each of my 48 quart coolers. Might not really need it, but I just felt better having the humidified air move around a little from time to time.

Cost around $6 at the grocery store and takes 1 "D" battery. They kick on for 5 minutes and then shut off for 15. Very, very slight air movement...in fact, if you place your hand in front of it, you can hardly feel the air move. Just a thought.
Does anyone else do this in their coolidors of this size (48 quart ) or just in larger coolers?

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I haven't gotten trays yet. I currently have all my cuban singles in my old humidor which fits inside my cooler. I also have some cheap tupperware type thing from the dollar store with more singles. The boxes are just in there alone. I gotta re-arrange everything, I kinda want the newer box codes on the bottom so I am less likely to take them out and they will age.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
1 Oust fan in the 55qt cooler and 1 Oust fan close to beads in the wine cooler. Works pretty well as a low cost fan to slightly stir the air for better RH distribution IMO.

Bargainhumidors sells Spanish cedar trays and used to sell cedar liners cut to the exact size for coolers. Not sure they sell the custom cut cooler liner. I do not think they sell shelves as Rob and I have.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Thanks for the Info guys, I'll try Bargainhumidors.com for the shelves, and I do have my eye on more boxes, Good thing I just worked all the Overtime on the fires, cuz the CC will be hitting here soon .......OUCH :crytears:
I don't in my 100qt but have been thinking about it as the RH has been consistantly 2% higher than I like. Seems like a realatively easy and inexpensive option.