What's new

Coolerdor

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Buffalo, Wyoming
What brand cooler are you guys using for a coolerdor?

Want to order one, but want to be sure that will have a good seal, and I am unable to shop for them in person to see how the seal is, so was hoping for some recommendations on ones you guys use that are known to have a good seal.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Igloo 120 Quart Polar .. It was for $76 on epray that I payed though.

I did go right ahead and upgraded the hinges and latches though.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
I have found the Igloo 50 Quart marine cooler works best for me but others have told me the Coleman's work equally as well.

Igloo 50-Quart Marine 3-Day Cooler Ice Chest - White - Walmart.com - Walmart.com

I prefer these to the Big-ass coolers because it is easier to lift and move around if I need to. Whatever you decide to go with, I would suggest a marine cooler since they seem to have less of a plastic smell.

Also, you really don't need to spend a lot on a Yeti or RTIC since all you really need is something that is airtight, not something that is going to keep your ice from melting in less than 2 weeks.

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I have been using this cooler since about 2015 or so.

The main reason I bought it…it was the only one in stock at Walmart when I went to buy a cooler.
As far as I can tell it has kept my cigars at a stable humidity and temp with no issues.
Heck, the cigars I sent you were store in this cooler and would be a good gauge of how well it keeps cigars.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You can always use a tupperdor to maintain humidity for your cigars and place it in an inexpensive cooler to slow down temperature changes. Steady temps and steady humidity is the goal
Thanks for the tip. That's a good idea if i can't find a good sealing cooler at a reasonable price.

I have 6 tupperdors currently and all have bovedas, and they maintain rh and temperature within just a couple rh % and degrees.

Very well climate controlled here, so don't have to worry about them at all is very nice.

Very happy to have replaced my last wooden humidor with a tupperdor with a boveda. So completely maintenance and worry free.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have been using this cooler since about 2015 or so.

The main reason I bought it…it was the only one in stock at Walmart when I went to buy a cooler.
As far as I can tell it has kept my cigars at a stable humidity and temp with no issues.
Heck, the cigars I sent you were store in this cooler and would be a good gauge of how well it keeps cigars.
Nice.
Honestly can't recall exactly what you sent me as I have gotten a flurry of gifted Cigars and private sales the last couple months so I can no longer keep track of what came from who anymore unfortunately.
Should have written it down.

I have certainly had no issues with any Cigars I have been given that I have smoked

Havanaaddict

Mr. Salomones
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Most all brands work fine! I have a Coleman Xtreme 150 qt Cooler and a Igloo 120 Quart Polar I use for specialty Humidors, Jars and over flow:ROFLMAO:
Just a bit of advice " With this hobby alway get bigger then you need " :ROFLMAO:
I wish you could buy it in person, shipping is going to kill you:cry:

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Actually looking at a 54qt, gasketed, clip latch closure box that was reccomended on another forum.
I think the size will work for me, and i like the idea of a gasket and clip latches for the lid.
Gives me more confidence in it being air tight since I can't test coolers in person to see how well they seem to seal.
Plus its only $25, plus $10 shipping, so hard to beat the cost.
A member on the forum where it was reccomended is sending me a half pound to a pound of heartfelt beads for it, which is way more than I should need, so that's covered at no cost.
I really think this is a winner for me.

Havanaaddict

Mr. Salomones
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Is it a cooler or just a storage box. A storage box will not have the same affect as a insulated cooler.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is it a cooler or just a storage box. A storage box will not have the same affect as a insulated cooler.
Its just a storage box, but this facility is very well climate controlled and temps in my room only ever vary by 2 degrees at most year round, so I'm not really worried about the lack of insulation.

For example, all my cigars are in 8 tupperdoors currently, which have no insulation, and the temperature stays between 67 and 69 degrees year round in them

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Maybe should start writing down who sent you what so you can
acknowledge and thank them when you post pictures of what you’re smoking. Everyone does it and it’s a brotherly thing to do. You seem to get “gifted” an awful lot of cigars, maybe it’s time to start paying it forward. Also a brotherly thing to do...

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Maybe should start writing down who sent you what so you can
acknowledge and thank them when you post pictures of what you’re smoking. Everyone does it and it’s a brotherly thing to do. You seem to get “gifted” an awful lot of cigars, maybe it’s time to start paying it forward. Also a brotherly thing to do...
I have had the same thought about writing it down.
I have memory damage anyway, but also got a flurry of Cigars from multiple people on multiple forums all within just over a month, so it got confusing quickly and the only way I can connect the Cigars to a specific person at this point is to dig through my pm's and hope that there was one mentioning who sent what, which is only about half at best probably.

I do plan on noting it in the future in the notes section of my cigar inventory app.

Also, I certainly have gifted some Cigars several times now, and will continue to do so when I have more than 3 of any particular Cigar in my supply. In fact , I currently have a surplus of a handful of different Cigars, with more incoming, so will be gifting some of them soon. .

Also, I belong to like 6 cigar forums and have received some from someone on nearly all of them, so it would really only make sense to acknowledge the person on that specific forum, not all of them, as it wouldn't make much sense to mention a completely unknown person to those on the other forums.

I certainly understand where you are coming from though, and certainly agree.

Starting with the next 2 packages I should be getting next week, I'm going to start adding the notes on username and forum in my app.

For example, the heartfelt beads are from someone on another forum, so it would make little sense to acknowledge them on the other forums, and I did acknowledge him on the specific forum.

Hopefully this explains things, and that it certainly isn't my intention to be un-brotherly or not show gratitude.

And fwiw, those that I have gifted to on other forums didn't all acknowledge me, and I'm perfectly fine with that.

My goal on these forums is far from attempting to be popular or receive praise.

I'm here to learn and for the fellowship

And I could be wrong, but I don't believe I have been gifted anything from anyone on this particular forum, nor do I believe I have gifted anyone here anything yet.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ah, now that I see your name I do recall you sending some, but not exactly what you sent. May still be in my pm's though. I will look and see. Don't recall if you put what you sent in a pm or not

Just looked and see that you wrote it on the bags. Very possibly still have the bags, will have to look so i can add it in the notes section of my inventory app

Thank you regardless

Last edited:

Havanaaddict

Mr. Salomones
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Its just a storage box, but this facility is very well climate controlled and temps in my room only ever vary by 2 degrees at most year round, so I'm not really worried about the lack of insulation.

For example, all my cigars are in 8 tupperdoors currently, which have no insulation, and the temperature stays between 67 and 69 degrees year round in them

I hear you and understand. I am just saying 20 + years ago I used tupperware and the only thing I did not like was having to open all the time so the cigars would not get over humidified. (I learned this the hard way) With an insulated Cooler I have gone 6 months with only a tiny humi puck in it. (they are idiot proof). I wish I lived in a place that was climate controlled and temps vary by 2 degrees at most year round, the best I can do is keep the A/C around 75 in the house.