What's new

Coolidor Setup Primer?

jrohrer

BoM Jan '07
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Figured I'd ask before I posted a stupid thread...but is there a primer or thread somewhere about setting up a coolidor? I'm quickly reaching my capacity for my desktop humi and am quickly going to need some other storage.

You gyus aren't kidding when you talk about how quickly you fill those things up!!!

Thanks Guys!

~Josh

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
The cool thing about a coolidor is there really isn't anything to do, at least I didn't do anything except transfer my stash and order beads from heartfelt.

order your beads from here!

I have 2 48qt. coolers that I split a pound of beads (1/2 pound each) and for singles, I used a plastic stackable drawer from the dollar store.
Boxes are easier to deal with, but sometimes you want the box at the bottom. I made shelves for mine so I could be able to get to a box easier.

I hope it helps.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Nice Rob. I think is was yours and Josh's that got me going this way.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I think is was yours and Josh's that got me going this way.
I saw a picture of Tom's coolidor before and that's what made me go that route.

When I had the more traditional humi, it seemed like I was always buying more than I had space for and had to end up getting newer/bigger humidors. I haven't had that problem with the coolers though, but I have to keep rearranging one of my coolers to fit more stuff in, but having 2 coolers has really helped out. It's done it's job of keeping things fresh and it's also helped limit new purchases.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I added some notes on cooler-dor and tupper-dors in the Humdification and Seasoning primer tacked to the top of the page.