What's new

Coolidor

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
http://www.mbcl.org/Igloodor/Igloodor.asp

I had no idea about these till I saw one on e-bay. I thought that looks a little home-made and then realised it was!! I take it these are homemade contraptions then and not bought as for cigar humidors? If so I think I may have a go with one myself and the instructions above. Any advice gratly appreciated.

Slammer

arf arf
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I would skip the oasis and the glycol and just use beads. Look under sponsors and check out Heartfelt Ind They should be able to set you up with them. Also if you are going to be storing you cigars in boxes you can do without the cedar.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Thats what i use... The majority of the members here at one time or another have had a coolerdor that they used. but i would definetly agree with the suggestion of going with the beads instead of the glycol mixture...

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Does it come stocked? :wink:
Seriously, I guess the question is, how much does a cooler of approximately the same size cost you wherever you would go to get one? This one has the cedar in it which is nice, but it isn't worth a big premium...so, if it's cheaper than buying a new cooler then I'd say go for it.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
He doesn't make any mention of it being made by himself. The description has been changed to 'new' and obviously the tray has no where to lodge inside. He's selling is as if you can buy the coolidor like this, so is this a made up job or is there someone who sells them like this?

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I'm not aware of anyone that sells "coolidors" Johnny. Would kinda be pointless actually. Coolidors are cheap alternatives to large humidors. All this guy has done is to add cedar as far as I can tell. And bargain humidors sells a coolidor-Kit that would allow you to do that. :dunno:

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I saw some guy that got a wine cooler with two sides and one has wine in it and the other hes converting for cigars. He also lives in arizona so I think keeping things cool is pretty important.

jcgoldner

Jan '06 BoM
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I like this idea! I've been looking for a storage solution for the 2 boxes I have on order. This will get me started until I really go overboard.

1f1fan

Toast!
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Wal Mart has a 120 quart Igloo cooler for $55 delivered. That and a few pounds of beads and you are good to go. I am going to setup mine (just got it this week) for long-term aging of boxes and cabs. The cabs take up so much room in my Avallo I'm running out of space in a hurry.

You don't really need to line it with cedar, it does look nice but is not necessary. The trays are good if storing singles.

Whoever sold that for 112GBP made a killing.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
jcgoldner said:
I like this idea! I've been looking for a storage solution for the 2 boxes I have on order. This will get me started until I really go overboard.
That will take, what, 2 weeks!!!:wink: :wink: :wink:

Seriously, coolers are a great alternative to a humi. I like them because I can store my boxes in them and they are easier to move around if need be. But some day I'm either getting a bigass Avallo, or building a walkin.:skew: