What's new

Cornell & Diehl Cellar Series

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I am an unashamed aromatic smoker. That is what I like. If I don't want something sweet I smoke a cigar. If I want something sweet it is the pipe. I picked up a couple tins of C&D King Cake and I had to pop one open and give it a try. I absolutely love it and think that other tin is going to age wonderfully. It is on the aromatic side but to me it wasn't overly sweet. Definitely had more complexity to it then the typical aromatics I smoke. I enjoyed it and I was wondering if any of the others in that series might be something an aromatic smoker would enjoy. Trying to branch out a little. I've tried a few non aromatic tobaccos over the years and didn't like any of them at all so it definitely needs to be borderline aromatic. Thinking if I slowly transition I may start enjoying some non aromatic blends. Thanks.

Rating - 100%
84   0   0
GL Pease- The Virginia Cream is a good complex smoke with a topping; Sam Gawith Firedance flake (rub out an microwave for 14 seconds being smoking it); G&H Bob's chocolate flake; G&H Louisiana Perique (has a cocoa topping and tonquin); G&H Top Black Cherry--- any of the G&H aros are good and complex- side beneift the aro twists pack a heavy does of vitamin N; 4 noggins Bald headed teacher; C&D Autumn Evening just to name a few. I also like to mix Lane 1Q with Latakia in the cooler months. If you have a chance to obtain HU Tobacco aros or GQ aros you won't be disappointed either.
Do you like any of the Lakeland Essence (floral) blends?

Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Thanks for the feedback. I don't know about Lakeland Essence. Never experienced any. Sounds interesting.
Pick up a tin of GL Pease Stonehenge- I think you will enjoy it. It is a really nice blend and has a very small Lakeland Essence on the retrohale- keeps the blend interesting throughout the bowl- smoke it in a cob or meer to be sure it doesn't taint your briars in the case it's not to your liking.