What's new

CoRo

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Ok, folks. I want to hear from some CoRo veterans. What's to be expected from this cigar? Had one this weekend and I must say I was dissapointed. I mean, I know that it's a different flavor profile, but next to the Bolivar I smoked last week it was...well...boring! Smoke was from El Laguito factory and Feb02 according to the box.

Thanks-JW

smokem94

BoM Sept. 05
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
Roxborough Park CO, Soon to be Wapiti, Wyoming
I don't know if I am a CORO veteran but I have smoked over 4 boxes of CORO's. I can see where you might consider it boring as compared to the Bolivar line. It is the taste profile of the Cohiba line that makes it appealing to most and not necessarily any complexity I think. I would give it at least another couple trys before giving up on them though.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Oh, don't worry, I have 3 more tucked away from that same box and plan on smoking another ASAP. The one I smoked was while walking/talking, etc. I'm going to sit down and give it the attention it deserves. I also plan on including one in a package I have to send off to one of the more experienced BOTLs for his opinion.
Assuming what I have is the real article and there isn't something wrong with it, I can definately understand the "grassiness" profile that everyone is always talking about...but not sure I can say I like it.

Of course, finding out that Cohiba's really don't do it for me would probably do a HELL of a lot to help out my pocket book in the future! ;) Grrrr...missing smilies... ; )

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't smoked enough CoRos to really give input there, but I've smoked a number of Siglos. I think they really benefit from age, but I was a little surprised that some of them were much milder than I expected. That may be from a lack of age though.

Mike

Bobbystbob

Renaissance Man
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently finished a box from GKI OCT03 and was disapointed by all but one. Just started on a box LLN OCT03 and they are ON! Much more flavorful, rich, beany. I'm thinking it is the ageing.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Don't feel bad JW - everyone has different tastes. I'm not a fan of Cohibas either, they've never done it for me. From my limited experience with CoRos I thought they were average. A decent cigar, creamy and smooth, mild side of medium bodied, but nothing that rocked my world - I'd be just as happy smoking a nice RASS, or if given a choice I would reach for a Punch SS1 or SS2 over a CoRo.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
That's what I figured CVM, but he noted the aging as the difference.

Solo, yeah, I hear ya. That's what I'm trying to figure out. Considering Bolivars seem to be the ones I've enjoyed the most so far (with RyJ a close second) I'm thinking it may just be a flavor profile thing.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could be that they are just not the flavor profile that you like. I've smoked maybe a couple dozen at the most and they are very ho hum to me.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Well, I just had another and enjoyed it thoroughly. It is a much milder (to me), taste wise, smoke. But still plenty of flavor to go around. Of course it was following an El Laguito Custom that was just AMAZING. So I have one more to try on a fresh pallate just to be sure. :)

IHT

Im-Ho-Tep
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
i've had a handful of 'em, and every one has been harsh and tasted like grass/hay.

i have heard that cohibas also could have a sweet vanilla bean like flavor, and if that's the case, i have yet to have one.
i've got 1 cigar left from my box of seleccion reservas (that i split), and every one has been a disappointment.

the only cohiba i've had that's been even close to worth it is the lone siglo I i've had.

i guess i'm not much for a harsh grassy flavor profile.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Bolivars and Cohibas are generally quite different cigars. Perhaps you don't care for the profile of the CoRo / Cohibas? If so, you'll never know until you have tried several from different factories and years. Sounds like the one you tried many have been off -- if you get one that's ON that's the way to determine if these are for you.

Simply put -- a single cigar is not enough to judge by!

Christofer

Helluva Habano Herfer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hmmmm....

I've yet to have a "harsh" Cohiba; just lucky I guess.

I've got Sig III's , Lanceros, Robustos, SIG VI's, Sublimes and DC EL's and not ONE
of them is harsh or "overtly" grassy; they certainly are different in their flavor and
taste profiles, but I'd most certainly suggest that all the Cohiba's I have and have
tried all exhibit the vanilla and bean undertones.

YMMV,

Chris

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Yep, I'm thinking the first one I had was just off, or mabye I wasn't giving it the right attention. The second one I had was very good. I have one more to smoke that I'm going to give a shot on a fresh pallate. Thanks for all the replies. Seems like these are a great smoke...now my dang wallet's gonna hurt! ;)