What's new

Correlation of smell.

YvanheTerrible

Yvan The Terrible
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feels like I should be playing Bliss’s Hitler video and rant about leaves today. I forget in which tread it was where Webmost was considering marrying a pile of leaves that smelled like heaven except that it did not have tits, well no horny desired on my end after opening two bags of leaves today.

How much of a correlation is there between raw leaves tobacco smell and final smokable sticks in your opinions? Yes, there is sometimes a slight ammonia smell when you open a new bag but usually it is accompanied by some sweet tobacco smell. Is it worth the time and effort to use leaves that smell like some French cheese forgotten in the oubliettes for months and except something good will come out of it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
You wouldn't be troubled today by the stench of French cheese if you would have sensibly expelled the Quebeqois along with the Acadians when you had the chance. They'd be boiling shrimp far away in a place too hot for smelly cheese. We would have to put up with their horrid pronunciation, and not you.

I do love me some sweet new baccy snurf. I do think it correlates. But at least give the new bagful a chance. Pinch off a leaf tip and set it smoldering. Smell that.

What baccy is that? Did it arrive too damp? Does it smell like diaper pail? What if you spread the leaves out on the workbench in the garage and let them air out for a day (leave te garage door open). Does that help?

YvanheTerrible

Yvan The Terrible
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dominican binder, not sure if I’m even going to use them as filler, over 50% like that and the rest are smelly and thick. Ordered them 6 months ago and didn’t think of opening the bag then.

Well enough complaining, so I’m out of binder and very low on viso which I could have easily use as binder, I will be placing an order either at LO or WLT, I do like the Sumatra binder of WLT, but was also thinking of the Nicaragua binder of LO but have never ordered it, anyone used it?

I have seen that a few people are using leaves from Bobalu, will get in touch with Jeff to see if he ships to Canada, how are their quality and prices?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Dominican binder, not sure if I’m even going to use them as filler, over 50% like that and the rest are smelly and thick. Ordered them 6 months ago and didn’t think of opening the bag then.

Well enough complaining, so I’m out of binder and very low on viso which I could have easily use as binder, I will be placing an order either at LO or WLT, I do like the Sumatra binder of WLT, but was also thinking of the Nicaragua binder of LO but have never ordered it, anyone used it?

I have seen that a few people are using leaves from Bobalu, will get in touch with Jeff to see if he ships to Canada, how are their quality and prices?

Once you've used Bobalu binder, you can never go back. I know I can't. For $25 you get a massive quantity of high quality binder. Supposedly only a pound but it's so many hands, so many leaves, it's outrageous.

All their leaf is excellent (apparently they've got a Sumatra wrapper that I haven't used, but I've used all their other stuff).

Their filler is $22.50 / lb. Wrapper's around $56, i think. Shipping is cheaper than the other guys, at least here in the USA. $15 fixed rate.

Otherwise I'd use whatever seco worked in the blend, for my binder.

YvanheTerrible

Yvan The Terrible
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m out of binder but do have some seco and viso that are large enough to use as binder. Would you target a thinner leaf or a thicker leaf as replacements? Does thickness matter when it comes to binder?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So I’m out of binder but do have some seco and viso that are large enough to use as binder. Would you target a thinner leaf or a thicker leaf as replacements? Does thickness matter when it comes to binder?

Thinner.