What's new

Could These Work?

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I've got a line on a ton of these boxes. Some up to 6 1/2 feet long and two feet wide! Would they work as a
coolidor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I sent a message to see if they're airtight. If so I'm all over them. 20-60 depending on size is a crazy good deal to me. If nothing else I could use some at the lake house for life jacket storage.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
These three boxes for $65! Waterproof seals full of foam with drop down storage up top. I'm a little excited about this project! The green ones will be humidors. Big black tempts me but I think it's gonna be for life jackets and ski ropes on the dock!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
How about I talked to a guy a minute ago who works at the local army depot and says he could get them for like $20 tops. So I paid double what seller got them for. And I'm still stoked! The black one is 29"x48" outside dimensions. A foot deep in the bottom and in the top lid. The green ones are 18x36" and 6 inches deep top and bottom.

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Dude, that's awesome!!! I wonder how hot they might get inside the box with all of that foam, though. Humidor or not - these are cool!

Also, if you CAN use them to store cigars, what would these be called? Definitely not a "coolidor" since they aren't coolers. Trunkador? haha

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
i can still get those for free.

depending on what was stored in there previously, id recommend gutting the foam and washing them well over and over. And then lining it with some cedar. The glue used to hold down the foam is always stinky