What's new

Cowboys and Aliens

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0

I don't like too many Westerns these days. They need more real cowboys on the set to tell them what looks authentic and what doesn't. I thought Open Range was really good. Appaloosa was pretty good and Unforgiving was awesome.

For some reason I am looking forward to this. Many of my friends either act in this movie or do stunts. They even used my buddies horse for one of the lead actors to ride.

With Ron Howard and Steven Spielberg involved it should be decent. I will just need to think of it more as a Sci-Fi more than a Western. Just from the screener, I can already tell the wardrobe dept needed to be fired.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXHhnT1tHNM"]YouTube - Cowboys vs Aliens Trailer HD[/ame]

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
It looks interesting at least. I'll see it, but I'll probably wait til DVD/BluRay

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Looks interesting...Lame title, though.

First time I have ever heard Harrison Ford using anything other than his regular voice.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Looks interesting...Lame title, though.

First time I have ever heard Harrison Ford using anything other than his regular voice.
Come on Clint, the title is what it is....what would you have called it my friend?

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Liked the Super Bowl short trailer - but couldn't help but think "I will compare this to Firefly and it will never measure up".
This longer trailer makes me think a little less that way. I'm looking forward to it.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Liked the Super Bowl short trailer - but couldn't help but think "I will compare this to Firefly and it will never measure up".
This longer trailer makes me think a little less that way. I'm looking forward to it.
The only thing that can ever compare to Firefly is something else with Summer in it!!

And yes CC I am looking forward to this one!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I dunno... "interesting" is probably the best word I could come up with. I love both genres, but this is one of those movies that will either be very, very good or very, very bad.

I never actually go to the movies any more... I love my NetFlix!

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
That's actually the title of the graphic novel that the movie is based off of. I think they've already started working on the next movie, which is Robots vs. Zombies.
Come on Clint, the title is what it is....what would you have called it my friend?

Movies often have a different title than the novel or screenplay that they're derived from. Unless there's a legal or contractual obligation.

Just seems like two great minds like Ron Howard and Steven Spielberg could put together a better name for a movie; especially when you easily get the idea that this is a western with an extraterrestrial element after watching just two minutes of the preview! With that in mind, almost ANY title would work, really.