What's new

Cozumel, Puerto Vallarta, or Cabo?

Mr. McSquirelly

Joe Bananas
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So my fiance and I are trying to plan a trip to Mexico for the fall. We want to go to Mexico. Which is the best destination for a cigar smoker? Cozumel, Puerto Vallarta, or Cabo San Lucas? Each place looks equally beautiful. But I'd like to go to the place with the best cigar selection! Lol! I'd also like to know, in your opinions, which has the better beaches, better bars, and better cigar shops.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Been to all 3 many times. Each has its own rewards....bring your own cigars is my first piece of advice. Cabo is beautiful....Cozumel is a lot of touristy stuff which gets boring unless you are staying offsite at a great hotel. PV is a nice change of pace...as long as there is a LCDH nearby ( and there is in Cabo and PV...not sure about Cozumel but I think there is one there, too. Prices will make you go into shock so bring some extra dinero. Beaches at Cabo...excellent. Take the wife/GF on a beach horse ride....she'll love you long time for that.

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Was in PV just a few months ago - simply beautiful. I will say it was rough finding the real deal. Only two shops I found were legit. One was super fancy/expensive - the other was right on the Malecon - tiny but fair priced. I also brought my own from home, so I was satisfied. Definitely wish I saved more for the CCs. DO NOT buy anything in the glass topped boxes - those were everywhere.
Absolutely zero complaints with the beaches / bars / food / etc. One thing that surprised me is there were far less cigar shops, but a tequila joint on every corner.

I cannot comment on the other locals, but I felt PV was less touristy than Cabo. But that is what I heard