What's new

Crappy Saturday Morning

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
This week the hot pad portion of my coffee maker was not keeping the coffee hot. Friday it would not start the brew cycle until I gave it a solid smack on the top. Saturday I wake up and nothing is working. So I made an 8am run to the store and picked up a nicer Hamilton Beach coffee maker.

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/hamilton-beach-49980z-coffee-maker-the-scoop-2-way-brewer?ID=605088&cm_mmc=Google_PLA_DMA_Home_Electrics-_-PLA+Home+Brands+-+Electrics_PLA+-+Electrics+-+Hamilton+Beach-_-56311406876-_-mkwid_FlJoe4oy

This model, but not from Macys so the price was much less. What brewers are you guys using?

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Mr. Coffee k-cup maker in my office.
No idea the brand, but some 6-cup maker at my GF's house that is supposedly more "eco-friendly" than other models.

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
For drip I use a Technivorm Moccamaster cd by Clement Design.

For espresso I use a Francis Francis! Y1 Iperespresso Machine.

Pic attached.

I also have numerious moka pots and french presses in various sizes for when I'm in the mood.

For the price really can't beat french press, great coffee.

P1030764.jpg

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
I use either an aero press for a quick cup or a french press when I want more.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I have not personally used a french press, but I would like to try one. Do you get a more bold flavor? Or what is the real difference?

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
yup, french press has much bigger body, the oils really show through. it is great: cheap, high quality, and simple. but you have to boil and steep, and it gets messy. still, a GREAT cup. also behind the moka (stove top "espresso"), and aeropress preparations as well.

if you want simple and bulletproof drip brew, spend a bill on a bunn. there is a reason you see these guys at a lot of diners and dives, hell or high water they WORK! preheated reservoir makes it super quick, and a wire mesh filter basket makes it taste thicker and yummier. (also cheaper and greener in the long run). and screw the warmer plate, buy a carafe for $20, insulation is so much better for coffee than continued heat.

$0.02, and i hope it helps. o)

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Wish I would have talked to you all before running to the store this morning. But it was a desperate time for my morning Joe. There was no time for questions. Thanks for the responses and suggestions.

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
We use a cold brew Toddy maker ($30 on amazon). We have a Cuisinart grind and brew that is used daily to heat the water for the cold brew, heh. I like that I can adjust our coffees each day, I put a lil more in my mug than I do in hers. We are both happy. Downside, is you better pay attention or else you run out and are SOL on coffee for a day.

edit-Good luck if you go for a Bunn. Everyone I know swears by them, but we tried it once. Didn't work till it fell on the floor-then it was a gem. Kinda returned that bitch the next day.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
French press. It's stainless steel so it keeps coffee hot much longer than the glass models I've used in the past and I really appreciate that. I also have a mmoka pot that I enjoy.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
French press when I'm looking for a good cup... Kureig k cup when I'm in a hurry