What's new

Credit Check

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I want to check my credit report details. Has anyone used any of these online companies that let you see your credit report from all the agencies? I don't need monitoring or anything crazy, just want to know who the heck is claiming I owe them money from like 6 years ago so I can get my credit cleared.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
SBC telephone company when I lived in california sold my balance over to some company instead of sending me a damn letter in writing. I just gotta pay that off. Other than that I have one credit card from 6 years ago that was late a few months and then later paid off and closed. So because of that and the $179 that company claims I owe now I haven't been able to get a credit card. What a pain in the butt. I don't even want to use the credit card, I just want to have it to build some credit.

Weird thing is, I couldn't get the TransUnion report because they said my year of birth I was entering to verify was wrong. What the heck?

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
SBC telephone company when I lived in california sold my balance over to some company instead of sending me a damn letter in writing. I just gotta pay that off. Other than that I have one credit card from 6 years ago that was late a few months and then later paid off and closed. So because of that and the $179 that company claims I owe now I haven't been able to get a credit card. What a pain in the butt. I don't even want to use the credit card, I just want to have it to build some credit.

Weird thing is, I couldn't get the TransUnion report because they said my year of birth I was entering to verify was wrong. What the heck?
Therein shows a problem sounds like they have some incorrect information on you that could affect your credit rating that you should contact them directly and straighten out...

ATCDub

Lowly Civil Servant
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I get a report from the big three annually to make sure that nothing squirrely is going on. It's free to get an annual report and, unless there is a significant possiblility that your identity has been thefted, it's usually enough. I do pay to see what my FICO credit rating is. You can get more info at myfico.com

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Joshua, my recollection is that the free report does not come with the credit score. If you need a credit score you may have to pay for a report. Note that some of the credit sites "inflate" your credit score as a marketing gig. For a credit score I would use one of the big three agencies and pay for the data from all three. You can usually get all of the data from any one of the three as a single source, but there is an additional fee for the reports from the other two if you include them. I found that the data differs slightly among TransUnion, Experian and Equifax.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
We pull about 2000 experia bureaus a month. Call the bureau and get it straightened out. You wouldnt believe the shit we see on reports.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I just did mine...

looks real good... dont see a real reason to get my credit score, you can gauge it by looking at your report...