What's new

[CRITICAL] Please Submit Your Comment Regarding the Proposed FDA Regulation of Cigars

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
All,

I cannot stress how critically important it is for you to add your comments regarding the FDA proposed regulation of Premium Cigars.

Also, I ask that you make the effort to write a comment that is sincere and thoughtful. Simply writing "Stop Obama" or "Hands off my cigars you Commies" does not help our cause.

It is important for them to understand the artisan nature of our product, the method in which we consume it, how it is not intended or targeted for use by youths, etc. etc…

I don't want to put words in your mouth, but I do ask that you add your comments.

http://www.regulations.gov/#!submitC...14-N-0189-0001

BR,

Steve Saka

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Done , If your not a CRA member, now is a great time to sign up ........

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I'd share what I wanted to say.... I hope my contribution helps...

Thank you for taking the time to consider how we, the people, feel about this regulation.

My name is Brian Hirsius and I am a 34 year old man living with my wife and her three children in New Orleans, La.
I will have held the same job as a supervisor for Starbucks for eight years at the end of this month. I provide health insurance, 401k, groceries, and a limitless supply of car rides, heart-to-heart talks, hugs and coffee for my family. There isn't anything I wouldn't do for them. They support me and my journey to go back to school and become an addictions counselor. I struggled with alcoholism and drug addiction for over ten years. When I became sober, it was very difficult for me to go out with my friends who could drink responsibly. I felt I needed something. My best friend had a bachelor party in September of 2012...

That's when I had my first cigar.

When someone asks me why I smoke cigars, or collect them, my answer brings about a passion that I have never known for something so abstract and so simple.
I light a cigar up and I lose myself in it. I become one with it. I leave all my cares in the world behind with every second I am holding one. I don't ever NEED to have one, but it's a sign of comfort and for me, it also signifies a sense that I have arrived into this world. Time and time again having cigars with my friends proves to be a wonderful bonding experience that attracts more people into the fold. We are never disrespectful or spiteful towards one another.

I write to you to consider not getting involved in the regulation of premium, handmade cigars. As a veteran of many of the cigar bars in New Orleans and Metairie, La I can assure you that men, and ONLY MEN are the ones buying and enjoying premium cigars. I never see teenagers or even young adults coming into our stores. I'm talking men around my age and older. The nature of our product is designed to give adults an outlet to express and be themselves. Teenagers and young adults are going out and getting drunk on weekends, Men who are established enjoy a good cigar. Presidents, businessmen, lawyers, and proud fathers celebrating the births of their children enjoy cigars.

Please, I ask you, let us continue to enjoy these cigars the way we want to. This is our right.

I thank you for your time.

Brian Hirsius

Rating - 98.4%
90   1   0
CRA member come payday Friday and getting this done tonight. After reading what was up on the halfwheel, I think everyone who is a member of this board should comment. From your once a week-er to the 3 a day-er, everyone's voice matters!

mcroom

RV Wizard
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I am in the process of formulating my comments and will get them submitted today. Thanks for reminding the masses of this proposed FDA regulation. Come on gentlemen make your voices heard now or forever hold your tongue as a brother of the leaf.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
so from what I just read our comments are to lean towards the 2nd option which exempts premium cigars or no further regs at all?

"FDA is also proposing a second option to deem only a subset of cigars (i.e., to exclude from the scope of this proposed rule certain cigars that we refer to as “premium cigars”). With respect to current products, while FDA recognizes that all cigars are harmful and potentially addictive, it has been suggested that different kinds of cigars may have the potential for varying effects on public health, based on possible differences in their effects on dual use, youth initiation and frequency of use by youth and young adults. Accordingly, FDA is seeking comment on these options to determine whether all cigars should be subject to deeming and what provisions of the proposed rule may be appropriate or not appropriate for different kinds of cigars."

FamousTLo

Retailer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for posting Steve! I couldn't agree more that is essential for ALL of us to make our voices heard - with well thought out and well worded responses that help let the folks at the FDA know that we're just normal, intelligent folks who want the right to enjoy our legal hobby. Let's make some noise and #getfiredup!