What's new

Crowned Head Angels Anvil TAA 2017

qpzmide

Eric
Rating - 100%
156   0   0
IMG_3191.JPG First impression: it's a big stick (TWSS), nice sweet tobacco on the cold draw. Construction and burn are very good. Draw is nice and open. About an inch in, I'm getting some stewed fruit, a little pepper, and a hint of sweetness. I'm also getting a nice long finish on the tongue that reminds me of honey roasted peanuts. I'd say it's just a tick above medium body. Plenty of smoke output. So far, so good....

IMG_3196.JPG
Moving into the second third, stewed fruit still going strong, pepper has calmed down but still present on the retro. Reminds me of a young RASS. Plenty of smoke output and construction is excellent as ash is holding strong at two plus inches.

IMG_3198.JPG
Not much change going into the final third. Had to relight one time after I intentionally knocked off the ash. Flavors profile is very consistent, maybe a baking spice coming in at halfway point. Stewed fruit is the main component for me. I'm intrigued on how these will develope with a little time to settle. Definitely a box buy if you're looking for a good NC to smoke on a nice evening when you have an hour and a half to relax and enjoy.

IMG_3201.JPG Final smoke time was closer to two hours for me. Sitting on the porch with some Buffalo Trace enjoying the crisp evening here in N GA. This is about as far as I want to go with it tonight. A little harsh toward the end but a little down time will mellow that out - this was just purchased earlier today. Again, excellent smoke IMO. Well done @JonHuber