What's new

Crowned Heads 729 Calloway ln

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Buffalo, Wyoming
I'm such a boob, reading is apparently not my strong suit.

I've got limited experience with Crowned Heads, but have enjoyed the Las Calaveras, Mil Dias and Headly Grange. A couple of "mehs" with some of the other lines, so I definitely get what you're saying.
I too have limited experience with Crowned Heads aside from several Las Calaveras and the Mil Dias you mentioned.

I recall enjoy both quite a bit, and you can tell from my review I'm sure, that I really enjoyed this one too. Definitely planning to try others from Crowned Heads.

I friggin' LOVE cigars

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I need the input of the group. We were discussing on another forum the effects of cold on the performance and flavor of a cigar, The cigar in this review was smoked somewhere between -2 degrees and 16 degrees Fahrenheit.

.1 Have people found that extremely cold weather affects the taste of the cigar.

.2 Have people found there to be an issue with the performance such as cracked and unraveling wrapper and extreme moisture build up in the cigar when smoked in fridge temps.

My experience has always been negative. If I smoke a cigar out in the extreme cold it is usually a yard gar shoveling snow. I'm usually pitching it about have way through due to it getting nasty and the wrapper is falling apart due to the cold.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I need the input of the group. We were discussing on another forum the effects of cold on the performance and flavor of a cigar, The cigar in this review was smoked somewhere between -2 degrees and 16 degrees Fahrenheit.

.1 Have people found that extremely cold weather affects the taste of the cigar.

.2 Have people found there to be an issue with the performance such as cracked and unraveling wrapper and extreme moisture build up in the cigar when smoked in fridge temps.

My experience has always been negative. If I smoke a cigar out in the extreme cold it is usually a yard gar shoveling snow. I'm usually pitching it about have way through due to it getting nasty and the wrapper is falling apart due to the cold.
Interesting.

I have never had any more issues in cold weather than in warmer weather.

I friggin' LOVE cigars

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Wait, really? My cigars are well kept and I been doing this for a long time… cold weather wreaks havoc on my stuff when I’m smoking. Burst wrappers, cracking… all kinda stuff happens. I still do it and enjoy them but.. that’s weird, man.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wait, really? My cigars are well kept and I been doing this for a long time… cold weather wreaks havoc on my stuff when I’m smoking. Burst wrappers, cracking… all kinda stuff happens. I still do it and enjoy them but.. that’s weird, man.
No idea why.

I certainly had no issues with this cigar in particular, or I would have mentioned cracking wrappers or nasty taste in my review like usual.

I friggin' LOVE cigars

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I think a lot of the problem in the cold is the super dry cold air pulls the moisture out of the stick rapidly. Obviously the wrapper is exposed so yes it’ll crack the crap outta them. I’ve had trouble but oddly I feel cigars smoke better in the cold so long as they don’t crack?? I know I have trouble here in the summer when the humidity gets high. Delaware. Atlantic Ocean. Stays humid. I have a humidor I keep lower in the summer to smoke. I can smoke out of my coolers no problem now at 69 percent . I certainly believe it can and does affect smokes.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
It's my understanding from reading that it was re-released in 2017 as well.
Interesting...I googled it and was unable to find where it was re-released in 2017.

Do you remember where you saw that?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Interesting...I googled it and was unable to find where it was re-released in 2017.

Do you remember where you saw that?
Offhandedly mentioned here:

Can't find the slightly more detailed mention of it today for some reason

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Offhandedly mentioned here:

Can't find the slightly more detailed mention of it today for some reason

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
Yeah...although not specific to when it was, that pretty much confirms there was a second release.

Thank you!