What's new

Crowned Head's Angel's Anvil

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I know I recently said that I didn't think I had the palate to review cigars. I can see that isn't gonna carry the water around here so...

This was a gift from ChefBoy, many thanks.

Initial appearance:
This gar was cappuccino colored. I didn't squeeze it because there was some slight wrapper damage due to it making a trip with me and I didn't get a chance to smoke it. Cold draw had plenty of volume and just a touch of chocolate.

1st third:
Retro-hale reveals a nice chewing tobacco taste. Definitely like Copenhagen. I did read exactly this in another review this week so maybe that is just on my brain. Still a pleasant taste and also satisfying to get an identifiable flavor. It picks up in intensity and every once in a while there is another flavor, along with the Cope one, that I can't identify. The stick is smoking nicely despite the wrapper problems, even coneing nicely. Ash is nice and white.

2nd third:
Chew flavor persists and continues to increase in intensity, still very pleasant. Towards the end of this third I catch a bit of cherry, but sadly it is only one puff so it leaves me wondering if I'm hallucinating. A light cream flavor develops especially on aftertaste. Cone holds on until near the end of this third, and then it begins burning a touch erratic. However, this beaut is burning a lot better than I'd hoped.

Final third:
At first chewing tobacco is present. Several times up to this point this flavor makes me think of cedar, and that elusive unidentifiable flavor is hanging around. Cedar pops up so much that at this point it is no longer separate from chewing tobacco one. The chew/cedar all but disappears halfway through this third. Light cream picks up intensity all the way to nub. Cherry pops in and out a couple times, and a nice tobacco flavor pops in once. Towards nub this gar was changing a lot... at times it seemed like every puff. I never had to touch up burn... good gar, good gar! I definitely didn't deserve for it to burn so well.

Overall impression:

A very pleasant smoke, from start to finish! And the review experience was pretty fun. This sucker had some kick. Nicotine buzz was a strong one. As I am a fiend for the nicotine, this is due noting.
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/22/19f127e97a14a2655b19af5935734fe0.jpInitial

Pictures upon lighting didn't come out so you all will just have to take my word for it

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Most excellent first review. Some time in the near future, you should do a second review. You'll notice more flavors as you review more.

The few reviews I have done have opened a veritable floodgate of flavors for me.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Tobbot - Thanks for taking the time to check out The Angel's Anvil--TAA 2014. Nicely done...
We were very honored that the TAA has asked us to create another exclusive cigar for them in '15....I'm going to begin working on the blend (The Angel's Anvil--TAA 2015) next month.

Cheers.

Jon Huber
Crowned Heads

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Tobbot - Thanks for taking the time to check out The Angel's Anvil--TAA 2014. Nicely done...
We were very honored that the TAA has asked us to create another exclusive cigar for them in '15....I'm going to begin working on the blend (The Angel's Anvil--TAA 2015) next month.

Cheers.

Jon Huber
Crowned Heads
Lancero? :)