What's new

Crowned Heads BuckEye Land Toro

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Had it not been that I put this particular cigar in a light hibernation ( release date 2018 ) it was given to me to try through a good friend of mine since he knew that I was a fan of CH and Mr. Huber. No distinguishing cigar band ..just a cloth band on the foot that is Red so since he only sent one I just threw it in the humidor and forgot about it until a couple of weeks ago and thought....hmmmmm..wth is this as I forgot it was a CH so as is my habit at night to go out and smoke on the patio and watch Amazon Prime Movies.

Took this thing and put it under my nose and was pleasantly surprised by the aroma...nice and dark and oily....smells like cow$hit....all good signs as it has a Cuban Aroma to it but I know it's not a CC but I'm a bit intrigued cuz I can't place this cigar in my CRS memory and it hits me....wtf if this cigar is really good....how am I gonna know what it is and there's no way to find out? Screw it....I'm gonna treat this like I do most cigars and take my time lighting it with a soft flame...bout 3 minutes in it has a nice orange fireball at the end and I'm getting a nice dense cloud of voluminous smoke with a really good aroma to it. Trying not to get too excited but now I'm an inch into it and it's complex with flavors I've really yet to experience in other cigars. Don't get me wrong as I have smoked a ton of complex cigars in 50 years but this one comes at me with .....deli meat.....really...deli meat like a mix of salami and sopressata or capicola ( gabbagool ).....this is like a damn cigar made from a fresh meat deli tray and cured with some side hints of pepper..dark and light and then a cleansing taste of medium espresso but that doesn't last long. This cigar is complex and meaty....yes...meaty and I don't know how else to describe it except take a RP Edge Maduro and kick it in the a$$ and you have a similar taste profile. Getting past the first 1/3 the taste is just getting better and complex and the dense smoke I just keep in my mouth for an extra 5 seconds to get as much of it that I can and then I'll take a small swig of Drambuie to hold the finish and then slowly blow out that ton of smoke as it swirls around my head. OMG this cigar is good and now I'm deep into the 2nd third and I take a nice retro to see what my olfactories are telling me.....oh wow...this is rich, complex and I put my movie on pause to now get a real deep sense of this thing and I'm loving this but getting worried.....WTF is this cigar and who made it and how much hoping that I maybe struck gold and it's around $7.....( yeah right....I don't get that lucky often ) so I press on and it is coming down to the hour and a 1/2 mark and I don't have much longer on this so I slow down the pace even more and get out my nubber....I'm smoking this down to the ground.

Ironically I'm at the 1 inch mark and I'm sad.....it's almost over and I am no closer to the info as to the name or anything else as to where I'm going to find another one. I spent the next day looking at every Brand I could think of...researched and Googled the fk out of info that contained cloth footband cigars....empty....I'm frustrated now and it's a matter of finding what this is. Serendipity strikes me like a wayward bolt of cigar lightening as I turned and saw my Hat Collection....a CH hat that is one of my favorites to wear and thennnnnn........could it be? nahhhhh.....but what if....are the Cigar Gods smiling at me.....I Google CH cigars and like the trumpets blowing ceremoniously in my twisted consciousness.....THERE IT IS! Red cloth foot band.....and the name of it.....and there's more....Yellow Rose with a ....yes...yellow cloth band and another one with a Yellow Band...Tennessee Waltz....and one named the Paniolo....these are different cloth bands on the foot and while I have smoked every cigar from CH where have these basturds been hiding? I'm like a kid at Christmas now....I have to try these other ones but first I have to purchase the Red cloth one and I see that they are around $10 a stick.....ok...a bit pricey but worth it. I scroll down to buy a box......damnnnn........out of stock. I go to the next Vendor and ....it might as well have told me to f off.....OUT OF STOCK...next Vendor and as I am reading an article it's telling me it's HTF anywhere as one might get lucky since it's an OHIO cigar exclusive so 2 hours later I find 3 sources for the Red Cloth....$170 for a box of 20.....I'm buying it and along with the Red I buy the Waltz and Yellow Rose.

This has been an experience as I don't usually chase cigars.....but the Red Cloth must have crack in them.....the Waltz is good and the Tennessee as well and there are 2 other color cloth ones that escape me but I'm buying them, too. When one adds the La Imperiosa to the stable and all the other cigars from CH's....I'm good with buying anymore cigars for quite a while. Drew Estate and John Huber along with Willie Herrera are Cigar Mad Scientists as far as I'm concerned....I'm sold on them and hope you enjoy my review and the info here.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Had it not been that I put this particular cigar in a light hibernation ( release date 2018 ) it was given to me to try through a good friend of mine since he knew that I was a fan of CH and Mr. Huber. No distinguishing cigar band ..just a cloth band on the foot that is Red so since he only sent one I just threw it in the humidor and forgot about it until a couple of weeks ago and thought....hmmmmm..wth is this as I forgot it was a CH so as is my habit at night to go out and smoke on the patio and watch Amazon Prime Movies.

Took this thing and put it under my nose and was pleasantly surprised by the aroma...nice and dark and oily....smells like cow$hit....all good signs as it has a Cuban Aroma to it but I know it's not a CC but I'm a bit intrigued cuz I can't place this cigar in my CRS memory and it hits me....wtf if this cigar is really good....how am I gonna know what it is and there's no way to find out? Screw it....I'm gonna treat this like I do most cigars and take my time lighting it with a soft flame...bout 3 minutes in it has a nice orange fireball at the end and I'm getting a nice dense cloud of voluminous smoke with a really good aroma to it. Trying not to get too excited but now I'm an inch into it and it's complex with flavors I've really yet to experience in other cigars. Don't get me wrong as I have smoked a ton of complex cigars in 50 years but this one comes at me with .....deli meat.....really...deli meat like a mix of salami and sopressata or capicola ( gabbagool ).....this is like a damn cigar made from a fresh meat deli tray and cured with some side hints of pepper..dark and light and then a cleansing taste of medium espresso but that doesn't last long. This cigar is complex and meaty....yes...meaty and I don't know how else to describe it except take a RP Edge Maduro and kick it in the a$$ and you have a similar taste profile. Getting past the first 1/3 the taste is just getting better and complex and the dense smoke I just keep in my mouth for an extra 5 seconds to get as much of it that I can and then I'll take a small swig of Drambuie to hold the finish and then slowly blow out that ton of smoke as it swirls around my head. OMG this cigar is good and now I'm deep into the 2nd third and I take a nice retro to see what my olfactories are telling me.....oh wow...this is rich, complex and I put my movie on pause to now get a real deep sense of this thing and I'm loving this but getting worried.....WTF is this cigar and who made it and how much hoping that I maybe struck gold and it's around $7.....( yeah right....I don't get that lucky often ) so I press on and it is coming down to the hour and a 1/2 mark and I don't have much longer on this so I slow down the pace even more and get out my nubber....I'm smoking this down to the ground.

Ironically I'm at the 1 inch mark and I'm sad.....it's almost over and I am no closer to the info as to the name or anything else as to where I'm going to find another one. I spent the next day looking at every Brand I could think of...researched and Googled the fk out of info that contained cloth footband cigars....empty....I'm frustrated now and it's a matter of finding what this is. Serendipity strikes me like a wayward bolt of cigar lightening as I turned and saw my Hat Collection....a CH hat that is one of my favorites to wear and thennnnnn........could it be? nahhhhh.....but what if....are the Cigar Gods smiling at me.....I Google CH cigars and like the trumpets blowing ceremoniously in my twisted consciousness.....THERE IT IS! Red cloth foot band.....and the name of it.....and there's more....Yellow Rose with a ....yes...yellow cloth band and another one with a Yellow Band...Tennessee Waltz....and one named the Paniolo....these are different cloth bands on the foot and while I have smoked every cigar from CH where have these basturds been hiding? I'm like a kid at Christmas now....I have to try these other ones but first I have to purchase the Red cloth one and I see that they are around $10 a stick.....ok...a bit pricey but worth it. I scroll down to buy a box......damnnnn........out of stock. I go to the next Vendor and ....it might as well have told me to f off.....OUT OF STOCK...next Vendor and as I am reading an article it's telling me it's HTF anywhere as one might get lucky since it's an OHIO cigar exclusive so 2 hours later I find 3 sources for the Red Cloth....$170 for a box of 20.....I'm buying it and along with the Red I buy the Waltz and Yellow Rose.

This has been an experience as I don't usually chase cigars.....but the Red Cloth must have crack in them.....the Waltz is good and the Tennessee as well and there are 2 other color cloth ones that escape me but I'm buying them, too. When one adds the La Imperiosa to the stable and all the other cigars from CH's....I'm good with buying anymore cigars for quite a while. Drew Estate and John Huber along with Willie Herrera are Cigar Mad Scientists as far as I'm concerned....I'm sold on them and hope you enjoy my review and the info here.
Great review. Yes, when you come to end and you get a little broken hearted, that's a cigar you buy again and again

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just finished smoking one and I saw this. Before you get your hopes up too high the Buckeye is the best out of the three (Yellow Rose-yellow foot band, Waltz-orange foot band). The Tennessee Waltz is also a good cigar, but not as good. I'm not a fan of the Yellow Rose. There is one with a blue foot band but it was a Hawaii exclusive so the hardest to find. I have smoked one and have another but it's been awhile and can't remember it much. I know it was good but can't compare it to the rest.

Here is my Buckeye from tonight.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just finished smoking one and I saw this. Before you get your hopes up too high the Buckeye is the best out of the three (Yellow Rose-yellow foot band, Waltz-orange foot band). The Tennessee Waltz is also a good cigar, but not as good. I'm not a fan of the Yellow Rose. There is one with a blue foot band but it was a Hawaii exclusive so the hardest to find. I have smoked one and have another but it's been awhile and can't remember it much. I know it was good but can't compare it to the rest.

Here is my Buckeye from tonight.

My review was on the Red... which had a good year and 1/2 of rest and the 2 boxes that I purchased will get some good rest as well...one I'll dip into after a few months.

The Waltz is good but knew I was taking a chance smoking it too soon...so I'm giving the rest at least 4 months of rest and check back.
The Paniolo is too hard to come by even though I was able to score 2... I'll let those marinate at least 6 months.
The Buckeye... I'm sold on them and as long as my sources hold up I'll purchase a box every 4 months as these are a Keeper
I learned a decade ago that when you hit gold....you mine the $hit out of it because at some point HTF cigars tend to become defunct ( ex. 681 Puros Heurfanos...a Drew Estate first cousin to the LP#9 )
Not gunna make another mistake like that even though I still have 1 box left.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Red (Buckeye) is what I just smoked and posted the picture of. I definitely think it is the best of the three easier ones to find.