What's new

Crowned Heads - Rank em!

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
Just wondering what you all think of the 3 Crowned Heads cigars in terms of your overall enjoyment of each.
If I had to rank them, for me it'd go like this:
1. Headley Grange
2. JD Howard Reserve
3. Four Kicks

Recently smoked all 3 and liked them all very much, but the HG was my favorite by a short margin based mostly on the fact that it finished the best for me. Never had a Mule Kick however.
Gonna revisit this again in the future when my tastes change and I have some in my humi.

Thx..

KK33

ATL

BoM 10/12, 9/13, & 8/14
Rating - 100%
342   0   0
1. Mule Kick
2. JDH CG
3. Four Kicks CG
4. HG CG

But, as you said, they're all good. I would take any of the four any day above many others.

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
1. JDH
2. HG
3. Four Kicks

But never had mule kick yet. Been working on finding one. And the JDH I really loved. As in its in my top 3 cigars right now.

brandoncpm

BoM Nov '13
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
Just wondering what you all think of the 3 Crowned Heads cigars in terms of your overall enjoyment of each.
If I had to rank them, for me it'd go like this:
1. Headley Grange
2. JD Howard Reserve
3. Four Kicks

Recently smoked all 3 and liked them all very much, but the HG was my favorite by a short margin based mostly on the fact that it finished the best for me. Never had a Mule Kick however.
Gonna revisit this again in the future when my tastes change and I have some in my humi.

Thx..

KK33
Agree with this but mule kick is first

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Agree with ya KK

But it was more like.

1. HG
1.5 JDH
2. FK

The mule kick I had was plugged. No fair to include in this list till I get to try another one.

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk 2

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
I am in agreement with King Kill

1.Headley Grange
2. JD Howard
3. Four Kicks

Since the Mule kick was an LE and I have only smoked a couple so far I am going to leave it out of the mix. Based on my experience so far I would put it at #1 or #2 if I had to include it. Like KK and ATL said, all four of these are easily among my overall favorites.

Now if I had to rank brands I would have to say.

1. Crowned Heads
2. (Tie) Drew Estates and Tatuaje
3. Fuente

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
MK was/is (IMO) so far out in front.. that 2nd place is a very distant one...

that said... the JDHR is a seriously fine cigar.. probably my favorite new release of 2013 (of those tried so far...)..

Four Kicks and Headly Grange are both "very good" in my opinion... but pale by comparrison to the MK and the JDHR...

1) MK
2) JDHR
3) FK
4) HG

Also agree with Rupe's brand assessment.. CH is giving DE a run for its money (or I should say... my money) right now in terms of personal favorite...

It used to be whenever I went into an unfamiliar B&M I immediately started looking for DE HTF's as a first objective...

Now the first thing I do is look to see if they are a CH retailer (my lounge/primary B&M is not).... and buy a handfull of CH products...

Last edited:

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
Good replies guys! These are pretty high on everyone's list so far for good reason. I have limited experience with these, but have liked them all very much so far. That drumstick might kick some serious ass though! Looking forward to that little number fo sho!

KK33

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
1. Four Kicks (box worthy)
2. Headley Grange (borderline box worthy and really enjoy them)
3. Mule Kick (glad I tried it and pretty good)
4. JD Howard Reserve (have no desire to try again but glad I did)

I really disliked the JD Howard. Sorry. And I smoked a few of them. I am not a Mule Kick fan either... and again, I smoke a few of those also.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Four Kicks (box worthy)
2. Headley Grange (borderline box worthy and really enjoy them)
3. Mule Kick (glad I tried it and pretty good)
4. JD Howard Reserve (have no desire to try again but glad I did)
Ironically, my list is the exact opposite.
1. JD Howard Reserve kicks butt in the flavor department. One of my favorite smokes at the moment (LOVE, LOVE the Flavors from the Brazilian Arapiraca wrapper.
2. Mule kick. Only had one and still have 1 left but it was a fantastic cigar.
3. Headley Grange. Good cigar
4. Four Kicks. These don't do much for me at all (have had several in most sizes and.my taste buds barely get anything from these cigars).

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
1-Headley Grange
2-MK
3-Four Kicks
4-jDH

Love the Grange, Mks and FK close, MK by a hair. Dont like the JDH at all. After smoking 2-3 of each size, they all are extremely bitter to me. IMO, that wrapper could be used for a binder but I think using it as a wrapper is causing that bitterness. G1

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
1. Mule Kick
2. JDH CG
3. Four Kicks CG
4. HG CG

But, as you said, they're all good. I would take any of the four any day above many others.
^^^This^^^ ATL pretty much said exactly the way I feel. But with the HG Drumstick coming out, that may change. Because apparently I have evolved into a Lancero whore.

Sent from an NSA proof phone.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've only had the HG and thought it was good, but not nearly as good as any of the Tatuaje's I have had. Have not been able to find any of the other sticks from them yet, so will reserve judgement until I can give them a try. I like John, that guy has more cool in his little finger than anyone on the planet, but IMHO, I think his cool factor perhaps propels his company and its offerings a little ahead of other manufacturers.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Headley Grange
JD Howard
Four Kicks

But I like them all. Just because Four Kicks is 3rd doesn't mean I don't like it. They are all good.

rev.b

Master of Mayhem * BoM 1/14
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Mk.....class of its own.
Four Kicks sublime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jdh
Hg

Would honestly grab any at any giving time. Everyone is box worthy!!!!;)