What's new

Cuban Confusion

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Newbie Here, smoke a lotta NC. I'm becoming curious about Cubans as I've never smoked one and would love to see what all of the fuss is about. With all of the fakes and legalities of real ones, it seems like it's practically impossible to get your hands on real ones? Are they really worth the hassle or is it just the reward of getting them? Or is it easier than I'm aware of?? Is it frowned upon to ask local shops about them?? Why not just smoke NC as there are many that are easily attainable and rated higher than a lot of Cubans?
Not meant to be an inappropriate post or a can of worms or a bash on CCs, just trying to understand as I'm intrigued.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely not the reward of getting them. You can buy them online and get them shipped to you no problem. If customs finds them, they get confiscated and you get a letter in the mail telling you so. No harm, no foul. I know some retailers that will actually ship them a second time if that happens, on their dime. I just started getting into cigars 2-3 years ago, and now only smoke Cubans. Except maybe an Opus X on occassion, and a couple others. 99% Habanos though. Let us know what you think if/when you do try one though! I'm curious

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Definitely not the reward of getting them. You can buy them online and get them shipped to you no problem. If customs finds them, they get confiscated and you get a letter in the mail telling you so. No harm, no foul. I know some retailers that will actually ship them a second time if that happens, on their dime. I just started getting into cigars 2-3 years ago, and now only smoke Cubans. Except maybe an Opus X on occassion, and a couple others. 99% Habanos though. Let us know what you think if/when you do try one though! I'm curious
I would assume buying on line entails a lot of risk as you don't REALLY know what you are getting till it shows up...

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Well there are online retailers that will sell singles and samplers. If you are curious spend a couple of bucks and roll the dice. There is so much information on the web, reviews, rankings, ratings, pricing. You may find something you like and realize with a couple of years age they will be better, then you can buy a box.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Well there are online retailers that will sell singles and samplers. If you are curious spend a couple of bucks and roll the dice. There is so much information on the web, reviews, rankings, ratings, pricing. You may find something you like and realize with a couple of years age they will be better, then you can buy a box.
There’s also a huge board with a habanos section that provides great reading :)

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Newbie Here, smoke a lotta NC. I'm becoming curious about Cubans as I've never smoked one and would love to see what all of the fuss is about. With all of the fakes and legalities of real ones, it seems like it's practically impossible to get your hands on real ones? Are they really worth the hassle or is it just the reward of getting them? Or is it easier than I'm aware of?? Is it frowned upon to ask local shops about them?? Why not just smoke NC as there are many that are easily attainable and rated higher than a lot of Cubans?
Not meant to be an inappropriate post or a can of worms or a bash on CCs, just trying to understand as I'm intrigued.
I personally don't care as much for CCs as I do some NCs.. however, a bad CC is better than a bad NC all day long! Lol

If full flavor, full strength is your thing, you might not want to throw down a ton on CCs just yet, as their profile is generally much milder than most Nicaraguans.. Much more akin to something like Dominican, but good :playful:

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
There are good ccs and good ncs, as well as mediocre of both respectively. A la Flor de Cano will always be a la flor de cano, as a La flor de oliva will always be a la flor de oliva. Then you have good ccs, like h.upmann magnum 46, and good ncs, like illusione eccj. Both will age respectfully into amazing cigars, both are good right out of the box. You get what you pay for. Unless you pay too much :)

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Ha! Imma gon get me a perfec draw and smoke those bastids eventually...

If you don't like tight draw, it is an issue.

The consistency and batch to batch variation of Habanos is a bit frustrating.

I could see myself going 60/40 or 70/30 at some point. Maybe more, we'll see.

But there are a lot of good NC's that offer flavors and strength you don't get with cc's.
But now I've found some cc's that I'd reach for more often than not if I had a stash built up.