What's new

Cuban RE'S and LE's

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Buffalo, Wyoming
So, looking for opinions on Cuban RE's and LE's.
Have never tried one due to the very high prices, but will be having some extra money in my cigar budget in a couple months and am curious what others think of them in general.
Are they typically worth the high price, or are they basically just a marketing gimmick?
Thanks in advance for the thoughts,
Sean

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Where I have had the best luck is with just about anything that has the LCDH designation.

They are a step above the core lines but are not as expensive as the true REs and LEs so they are a good middle ground (and a good value) IMHO.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
RE and LE represent twice to three times the price for a second band and a smaller box.
Same tobacco aged an extra year.

The LCdH sticks represent a chance to try a cigar of a different size in the same old brand.
some of them are very good and I think worth the $$

R. Allones Superiores is a fave, as are Upmann Royal Robusto, and Partagas Salamones.
The Punch 48 and Hoyo Escogidos are overpriced, for my $$.

I just saw the recent price on the Upmann Royal Robusto has increased to 17.00 each......

OFF THE LIST ....(n)

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
RE and LE represent twice to three times the price for a second band and a smaller box.

The LCdH sticks represent a chance to try a cigar of a different size in the same old brand.

R. Allones Superiores is a fave, as are Upmann Royal Robusto, and Partagas Salamones.

I just saw the recent price on the Upmann Royal Robusto has increased to 17.00 each......

OFF THE LIST ....(n)
The prices have gone crazy this quarter. Sucks!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second the LCDH opinion!
i think well aged regular lines can usually compete or beat the specialty stuff. However there a few shapes and blends you can get in LE RE that are pretty good. I’m smoking a parti Salomon right now and these guys are one of my favorite.

You are right about marketing factoring in, but also limited production

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Buffalo, Wyoming

OFF THE LIST ....(n)
I have smoked a fair number of LCDH's and they are great.
The RE's I'm looking at are the Belgian Sancho Panza Gran Quixote and Diplomaticos El Diputado if anyone has tried those specific ones.
I have read a lot of good things about the Sancho Panza

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I have smoked a fair number of LCDH's and they are great.
The RE's I'm looking at are the Belgian Sancho Panza Gran Quixote and Diplomaticos El Diputado if anyone has tried those specific ones.
I have read a lot of good things about the Sancho Panza

I love the Quixote, both the flavor and shape/size.