What's new

Cuesta-Rey Centro Fino Sun Grown Captiva Tubos

Cigar_Jack

BoM May 05
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Cuesta-Rey Centro Fino Sun Grown Captiva Tubos

Cuesta-Rey makes some great mild cigars, and usually I pass them up because I often find mild cigars too bland for my tastes. The Centro Fino Sun Grown is a bit spicier than rest of the line. She left me wishing I'd discovered her sooner.

The presentation is top notch, the beautiful tube and bands to the wonderful Ecuadorian Centro Fino wrapper. The great looking cigar did not hide any construction flaws, burn and draw were superb yielding up large amounts of white flavorful smoke.

After a few moments of savoring this cigar my thoughts were, “Why oh why, my sweet sun grown lover have I waited so long to take advantage of you?” Overall this was a mild to medium bodied cigar with a tremendous amount of spice. The predominate leathery flavor I find in most sun grown cigars was there with heavy cedar flavor brought on by the cedar lined tube. Other subtle flavors emerged as the cigar progressed mixing in hints of cocoa, nuts and other spices my uneducated palate could not determine.

What a wonderful way to start my Memorial Day smoke marathon. This spicy little cigar got me going, but didn't overpower my senses. Great cigar for newbie or veteran. Rating: 8 out of 10

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I discoved them by chance one time up north.
Picked up 3 or 4 at a small cigar shop and tried on for the drive back to Kentucky.

I loved it and it is always a quality smoke. Never lets me down.
I gotta get more.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just enjoyed this exact cigar this afternoon. Very smooth and refined. This line is turning into my favorite n/c's.