What's new

Cuisinart grind and brew with burr grinder

Rating - 100%
82   0   0
i have been using the ole Keurig or a cheap mr coffee drip. I did order me a cuisinart grind and brew with burr grinder. Take baby steps and at least start having fresh beans. This forum is gonna get me there. I do like good coffee. Just never put much thought into it until lately
keep browsing around the coffee and tea forum, you'll be roasting your own beans before you know it.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Coffee addicts tend to run the gauntlet of toys....burr grinders, coffee makers, roasting our beans, frothers, etc. I bet I've invested hundreds of dollars in the last few years looking for that perfect combination of the "best" coffee experience. If you don't have the beans then everything following it is just mental masturbation trying to get everything else right. It's the beans first....without great coffee beans the rest of the process is secondary. I bet I have 5 different grinders including Cuisinart...5 French Press Units....Moka Pot....Aeropress...Soft Brew.....and have come back to the Keurig with a popular "hack" that intensifies the taste as I like a medium strength...not the 'truck driver' kind. I love a variety of coffee beans and have found at least 4 different K-cup beans that I love.

I've had to find a cabinet to put all of my coffee appliances into....I even bought those Elite Coffee Makers that make espressos...cappuccinos....etc. for hundreds of dollars and they now sit in my Coffee Cabinet laughing at me.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
no need to spend lots of $$$.
get a good grinder and buy good beans.
local roasters can provide fresher beans.
blending beans can produce magical coffee.
there are many adequate brewing units that you can buy for cheap.
I love my Bodum french press,($ 20.00 ) you can make cold brew coffee , and a good drip unit used with the right grind can be excellent.
a drip unit that uses a non paper filter can be better than the paper type, in that it allows the oils in the coffee to get thru to the cup.
also try using good water, city water can give coffee off tastes.

thus endeth the lesson.;)

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Well, switching from the keurig to fresh grind should give a noticeable difference as everything starts with the beans. Would recommend finding a local roaster to get the freshest beans possible since they do go stale after only a couple weeks (most store bought beans are well over months old). I decided to start roasting my own since it is a lot cheaper to buy green beans.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Well, switching from the keurig to fresh grind should give a noticeable difference as everything starts with the beans. Would recommend finding a local roaster to get the freshest beans possible since they do go stale after only a couple weeks (most store bought beans are well over months old). I decided to start roasting my own since it is a lot cheaper to buy green beans.
I did see a noticeable difference and it brews a pretty dang good cup of coffee. I’m extremely pleased right now using just store bought beans. Down the road I may go to a French press and roasting my own beans. But right now I’m extremely happy with the results