What's new

Curious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Hey fellas, just wanted to know if any of you collect Sports Trading cards and or Comic Books. After a 25+ years hiatus from collecting mostly because of family obligations I just recently started up again. Much different from the 80's and 90's when I collected, especially with comic books. I lost most of my collection to my ex. Don't know if she gave them away or sold them. She won't give me a straight answer.

Anyway just wanted to know if any of you guys collect and if you don't mind post some of your collection.

CopusolerX

Probably spent over .25m on cigars in my life
Banned
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes in life, we focus on things that are more sustainable for our retirement.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Sometimes in life, we focus on things that are more sustainable for our retirement.
One does not exclude the other.

And the enjoyment of the process has a high value all its own.

To ignore this is the height of foolishness.

Coming from the guy who claims to have spent a quarter mil. on fermented leaves to set fire to.... o_O

Last edited:

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I have a pretty extensive x-men collection that I've been able to hold on to for the most part. Covering a lot of what was put out in the 90's. Main lines, spin offs, mini series and related collectibles.
Haven't had time to mess with it much in a long time, but I really enjoy the art and story lines.
Would like to spend more time with it and get back to expanding it and filling in some of the holes. But I've been on the verge of selling it off numerous times as well.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I used to collect baseball and football cards way back when, they are all boxed up in th basement now. Stopped in the early 90’s. Had several Joe Montana rookie cards back then, sold a few of them when they hit $200 a piece. I haven’t checked the value of any of them in years. Been meaning to just haven’t got around to it.

Jody

CopusolerX

Probably spent over .25m on cigars in my life
Banned
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One does not exclude the other.

And the enjoyment of the process has a high value all its own.

To ignore this is the height of foolishness.

Coming from the guy who claims to have spent a quarter mil. on fermented leaves to set fire to.... o_O
should see the houses

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
oh man, when I was a kid I collected x-men trading cards like crazy...although they were all lost along the way. the only monetarily significant thing like that I've held onto is magic the gathering. I started playing way back and still have a good number of valuable cards from old sets.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I collected baseball cards and a few football cards in the late 70's to mid 80's. I have them in a closet and haven't looked at them in years. It's funny, my wife mentioned she would like that closet space last weekend. I pretended not to hear her.

I also have a few comic books that I saved.

Someday I would like to find out the value of all of it, but have no idea how to go about it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
"should see the houses"

How special..

So comparatively, spending a few grand over time on a hobby you enjoy that can increase in value is foolish? :bored:

Great value added interaction so far. Personally I've always found being a self important jackass to be a great way to build great quality friendships and relationships... :banghead: :hilarious:

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
"should see the houses"

How special..

So comparatively, spending a few grand over time on a hobby you enjoy that can increase in value is foolish? :bored:

Great value added interaction so far. Personally I've always found being a self important jackass to be a great way to build great quality friendships and relationships... :banghead: :hilarious:

(y):D

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I have a comics collection of around a thousand books ranging from the late 70’s to the early 90’s. A lot of X-Men originally, and then in the late 80’s I started collecting certain artists. Mostly John Byrne. I have a lot of his run on X-Men. @Glassman let me know if you want me to “fill in your holes”.:ROFLMAO:
They’ve been bagged & boxed up, and have been sitting in my office closet for 20+ years now. I’ve thought about selling them, but really haven’t taken any steps toward actually doing it.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I have a comics collection of around a thousand books ranging from the late 70’s to the early 90’s. A lot of X-Men originally, and then in the late 80’s I started collecting certain artists. Mostly John Byrne. I have a lot of his run on X-Men. @Glassman let me know if you want me to “fill in your holes”.:ROFLMAO:
They’ve been bagged & boxed up, and have been sitting in my office closet for 20+ years now. I’ve thought about selling them, but really haven’t taken any steps toward actually doing it.
Bahahaha! Sounds about perfect...
200w(10).gif

Status
Not open for further replies.