What's new

Custom Humidor Arrived!!!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
IMG_2292.JPG IMG_2294.JPG IMG_2293.JPG After quickly filling up my wineador I sought additional storage to my wife's dismay. A friend of mine does custom wood working, mostly furniture and kitchen cabinets. I asked if he could do a custom Humidor for me. After an 8 month wait the day has arrived.

Black limba hard wood exterior, as I didn't want venire for the sides. Quilted maple on top, with Purple Heart and another type of wood for the borders of the maple. The humidor is 20x10x10. Should hold 200 or so cigars. Have the distilled water sitting in it now. In a week of so I can start transferring cigars.

Attachments

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
View attachment 101787 View attachment 101788 View attachment 101789 After quickly filling up my wineador I sought additional storage to my wife's dismay. A friend of mine does custom wood working, mostly furniture and kitchen cabinets. I asked if he could do a custom Humidor for me. After an 8 month wait the day has arrived.

Black limba hard wood exterior, as I didn't want venire for the sides. Quilted maple on top, with Purple Heart and another type of wood for the borders of the maple. The humidor is 20x10x10. Should hold 200 or so cigars. Have the distilled water sitting in it now. In a week of so I can start transferring cigars.
Niiiiiiice! Congrats! Love the shimmer in the specialty maple grains.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
It is beautiful.... should have gotten about twice that size tho :cool: and just went full on foot locker. Ill bet it fills up rather quickly.
I filled up the bottom last night. Emptied 1.5 drawers from the wineador which was way over capacity which caused high humidity dead zones in the singles drawers. Now I have more room for boxes :) At least maybe one or two more boxes. Especially if I reduce some partial boxes down. Have room for maybe 70 more cigars in the humidor.

The urge to fill the newly empty space is strong.