What's new

Custom Rollers

chipslave

Gonads and strife...
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Hmmm...

I used to roll quite the joint back in the day! :smt033

Of the limited customs I have had, I have enjoyed the Taboadas the best.

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
Rating - 90%
20   2   1
hmmm...

cueto
leopoldina
taboada
hamlet
concepcion

some true masters of the leaf. are we ranking them based solely on craftmanship, or will their blending be fairplay?

Mr.OneNineDoubleDeuce

The Machine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a Hamlet and a La China resting in the Humi. Other than those, I've never smoked a custom rolled but have heard that they are good fresh.

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
Rating - 90%
20   2   1
what's up with these guys' names??
like soccer superstars, most of them are known by a single name. leopoldina is the name of "la china".

but yeah, like mikes said, these are their nicknames or last names. I'll add a bit of info about them if that's okay (mods, please delete them if you feel I'm giving too much away)

cueto = jose cueto. rolls in "hotel nacional" also at el morro

leopoldina = that is her first name, her nickname is "la china". partagas store, I believe

taboada = rudolfo taboada. used to roll at la corona, but he may not be there as he retired

jorge = works at mon's shop "club havana"

hamlet = jaime "hamlet" paredes. romeo y julieta factory

yolanda = yolanda medina. robaina shop at melia habana.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
gvlagos said:
i've been wondering the same thing.....
GuyMc...i've never even heard of cueto, leopoldina, and conception....nice to finally see some thoughts on who the best of the best are.
and what's up with these guys' names??

My vote goes to La China only because I dont see the name listed yet. I believe that these are either last names or nick-names. As to which one is the best....now that is a good question send me some and I will let you know :smt103 :smt110 =D> :smt045 :0)

mikes

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here is a new name or nickname..Moka. Young roller at the Partagas Factory who rolls some outstanding larger vitolas. Mostly churchills and DCs, but also double robustos and super pyramids.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Damn GMBD! You really seem to know your shee-at when it comes to ISOMs. Just all kinds of knowledge hiding out in this here board! :)

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
Rating - 90%
20   2   1
Damn GMBD! You really seem to know your shee-at when it comes to ISOMs

you are giving me too much credit, hoss. I've been lucky to sample their wares, but I have more knowleagle friends have are on a first name basis with many of the rollers, store managers, etc. I just happen to have really good recall memory.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
GuyMcBeerdrinker said:
hmmm...

cueto
leopoldina
taboada
hamlet
concepcion

some true masters of the leaf. are we ranking them based solely on craftmanship, or will their blending be fairplay?
I thought maybe Davey Concepcion had fallen on hard times and taken up cigar rolling in his retirement.