What's new

Cutter recommendations...

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I've been out of the game for a spell but I'm back with a passion. I looking for a good cutter. Before I dropped out Palio was the top cutter but now since they were taken over by the CCP I hear the quality no longer exists. I also had a lot of success with the Perfect Cutter but alas Cuban Crafters informed me that the Chinese no longer supply them.

So, since my previous favorites are no longer in the game what are the favored cutters of the Brothers ?

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I like the Xikar X8. There are fancier cutters, but I like a simple reliable double guillotine and the X8 is all of those things

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I picked up a Xikar XO a couple of months ago on the Famous auction site and I'm very happy with it. Getting a bit of arthur in my fingers and I like the way the cutter fits in my hand. Just keep it clean.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
i have a cuban crafters cutter, but now i mainly use the palio i got with my newb trade. not sure when it was manufactured though.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a large, 64 ring gauge Vertigo guillotine that is all-metal and I really like it. Still sharp after about 2 years of light use. Got it from my local B&M.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Xikar. Excellent quality and lifetime warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CAJoe

King Dude
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Cannot go wrong with a Xikar XI1, XI2, or XI3. I have had my XI3 forever and it works like a charm every time. The XO's are pretty nice as well but I like how the XI's fit in the hand better.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cannot go wrong with a Xikar XI1, XI2, or XI3. I have had my XI3 forever and it works like a charm every time. The XO's are pretty nice as well but I like how the XI's fit in the hand better.
Oh, thanks for that info. Looking around the Xikar site I like the XIKAR ENSŌ. The XO as well as I like the gearing system so the blades move together. One issue that bugs me with the regular guillotine style cutters is that eventually one side will drag and the cigar gets pushed to the opposite side by the freer moving blade, thus making it less clear if a level cut will be performed.

My go-to for now is a perfect cut guillotine and then my regular guillotine if needed (e.g. torpedo vitola). I need to look into getting a non-cheap perfect cutter now that the one I have is beginning to lose its edge.