What's new

Dads of Daughters

kit_luce

To the ones we can save, and those we can't.
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Congratulations!
I have quite a few years before I have to worry about that, as my daughter is only 5 months old. Plus, she has an older brother who is already VERY protective.
Mine is 10 and a half months. I dont look forward to life and dealing with her in about 14 years

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Mine is 10 and a half months. I dont look forward to life and dealing with her in about 14 years
Congrats! I'm definitely not looking forward to that either!
Be intentional, proactive and consistent with the raising, and you stand a chance of it not being too bad.
They'll still piss you off a bit starting around 12.
But train them to be respectful and honest. And aware.
Encourage hobbies they can really dedicate themselves to that give them something else to focus on than just boys and other people's perceptions. Music, horses, whatever. Kids that are deeply into things like that have fewer problems.

kit_luce

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Be intentional, proactive and consistent with the raising, and you stand a chance of it not being too bad.
They'll still piss you off a bit starting around 12.
But train them to be respectful and honest. And aware.
Encourage hobbies they can really dedicate themselves to that give them something else to focus on than just boys and other people's perceptions. Music, horses, whatever. Kids that are deeply into things like that have fewer problems.
Well hopefully I raise her right and hopefully my ex isnt too bad of an influence. But hay burners....that will be a no from me dawg

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
A girl I went or homecoming with got knocked up a month later and had little girl a few months back. My parents tell me all the time their glad I’m a guy and a only child

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Haha,
Well hopefully I raise her right and hopefully my ex isnt too bad of an influence. But hay burners....that will be a no from me dawg
Just something to give them something else to be about. Science, 4h, whatever pushes their buttons.

And get rid of your cable. Even just commercials are so full of garbage that's a terrible influence on kids.

Private school or home school isn't a bad plan either. Popular culture is toxic.

kit_luce

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Haha,

Just something to give them something else to be about. Science, 4h, whatever pushes their buttons.

And get rid of your cable. Even just commercials are so full of garbage that's a terrible influence on kids.

Private school or home school isn't a bad plan either. Popular culture is toxic.
You dont have to tell me lol, I might be 26 but I have the soul of a 60 year old lol. And I dont have cable anyway. Pop culture sucks

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I went to a public high school or 2 years then switched to a private high school and I can tell you I learned 10x more then what I learned in public school because the students were more interested in going to make their drug deals then learn or go hide out in the theater bathroom and do who knows what.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I have a 10 year old daughter, and there are 7 other girls within a few years of her age (all 6-13) living on our end of the street. So only the 1 that I'm formally responsible for, but sometimes they all end up at my house. My record is 10 at a time, including my own... it can be hectic