What's new

Daily Workout

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
With it beeing the new year im sure there are many of you that have made a resolution to loose weight, get in better shape, or just start going back to the gym again.

There are several threads here talking about your cigar of the day, beer purcahse of the day, beer of the day etc... I thought why not start a thread that would encourage everyone to get to the gym, have some support/encouragement from other B/SOTL and possibly get tips from some of the gym rats currently in the forum.

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Ill start off.

Today was triceps and back.
-Lat Pulldowns
-Cable Tricep Extension
-Over head Tricep extension w/ dumbell
-Back extension
-Seated Row

I then finished with some crunches on a yoga ball and trunk twists with a medicine ball.

Found this workout online a few months ago and been getting back into it after my last knee surgery.

Any pointers to either add or subtract is much appreciated.

Lorax429

Dagum
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Well I aggravated my left trapezoid and my right rotator cuff. I was supposed to cycle out of the weight room for 2 months of interval training but because my back and shoulder are all messed up I have been relegated to cardio only for about a month now while I try to gently rehab those muscles back to health. Getting old sucks.......

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I'm about like Lorax... I pinched a nerve or pulled a muscle on Monday. It's in/near my left lat and happened while shrugging dumbells. So, after off and on during the holidays I have to take it easy again and let it work itself out I guess. Sucks...

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
So I workout pretty regularly now, have been for the last two months. I use an app on my phone to track my workout, the program is JEFIT and it syncs to their website at http://www.jefit.com

Here is Monday's routine:

Monday Chest Shoulder Triceps

Chest
Dumbbell Bench Press
Dumbbell Fly
Dumbbell Incline Bench Press
Dumbbell Incline Fly
Dumbbell Decline Bench Press
Cable Cross Over

Shoulders
Reverse Flyes
Standing Low Pulley Deltoid Raise
Cable Rope Rear Delt Row
Cable Up Right Row
Cable Shrug
Cable Internal Rotation

Triceps
Triceps Pushdown - Rope
Triceps Pushdown V-Bar
Cable Standing Triceps Extension
Dip Machine

Wednesday Back, Biceps, and Forearm

Back
Cable Seated Row
Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown
V Bar Pull Down
Straight Arm Push Down
Wide-Grip Pulldown Behind The Neck
Full Range Of Motion Lat Pulldown
Back Extensions - Hyperextensions
One-Arm Dumbell Row

Biceps
Incline Dumbbell Curl
Cable Preacher Curl
Dumbbell Alternate Bicep Curl
Alternate Hammer Curl

Forearms
Palms-Up Dumbbell Wrist Curl Over A Bench

Friday Legs

Upper Legs
Leg Press
Leg Extensions
Dumbbell Rear Lunge
Dumbbell Lunges
Seated Leg Curl

Lower Legs
Seated Calf Raise
Calf Press On Leg Press Machine

Saturday Abs

Abs
Oblique Crunches
Leg Raise
Air Bike
Hanging Leg Raise
Decline Crunch

I need to adjust a few things, add/remove some moves but overall I am seeing progress and feel much better. I used to be a gym rat when I was younger but got away from it. I'm addicted again.

I usually end up throwing the abs in on Friday so I can save a trip but I prefer to do them on a separate day.

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
^^^ Free-weight excercises are my absolute favorite. I think they are 10x more effective than machines, cables, or straight bars. Of course, each machine has it's own purpose but I'm just saying overall. Spend 1 solid month with dumbells for all your upper body stuff after using a standard bench press and you'll feel like a new man.

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Hour and a half of 4 on 4 hockey last night. Good cardio work out. Hockey game tonight, so no gym for me today. Some lifting and biking tomorrow though.

Rating - 100%
99   0   1
I'm in the dojo 3 days a week for 2 hours at a whack. Lots of cardio and intense combatives. I try and mix in the weights on my off days from the martial arts but haven't been real diligent with it.

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
When it comes to losing weight, I went from 230 down to 150 pounds in under 2 years without a gym membership. I just stopped eating fast food, eating candy, and drinking soda. The only exercises I really do are crunches, push ups, and dumbells when I can find time. I snowboard a ton and paintball a lot so I get a lot of hard physical endurance in that way. Gyms are important but without the correct diet you are screwing yourself over. What you eat should really be concerned as well when trying to lose weight and combined with a gym regiment.

Now that I am at my ideal BMI I am looking into gym options so I can bulk up the muscle.