What's new

Damn its hard findin a job out there...

SmokeyTheBear

Smokey Bear
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ever since I was 11 I've wanted to cook. I've gone through a couple jobs, but now I find myself unemployed(I lost my job). I have been applying around for different chef jobs, but the economy is horrid. Any tips/advice?

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Hang in there is all i can say. Jobs are always the last thing to come back to an economy. ask around, check job boards, and explore all options like maybe moving or commuting. Good Luck hope you find something.

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Don't stop looking for the job in the feild you enjoy. You may have to take something in the mean time till you find what you want to do. Of course you don't want to state that in an interview.

Also you can sell crap on ebay to make some cash in the mean time. I buy and sell stuff all the time and turn a profit on ebay. Right now I have 8 Scotty Cameron putters I am having refinshed by Scotty Cameron and then I flip them. I bought them for around $125 each. I put in another $125 fixing them up and them I sell them for around $400 as one of a kind custom clubs. I do it because I love Scotty Cameron putters, but I don't mind a little side money the wife does not make me account for.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
206   0   0
If you're single - consider applying for jobs in a different city. Unemployment is not so horrible in certain parts of the country.

Kidrock

Smoking 50RG Less W/Farai
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
If you're single - consider applying for jobs in a different city. Unemployment is not so horrible in certain parts of the country.
To go off this. I already have one B.A. degree and back into school. Last week I was laid off from work. I however am always constantly networking and already have a few interviews lined up. However your resume is extremely crucial. I had a resume expert edit mine and it has helped getting work. I also am currently thinking about taking an employment opportunity in South East Asia.

Please shoot me a PM with an email address so that I can forward my resume as a template you can use. I cannot promise you over night success but it has helped out a few of my friends get jobs.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Don't stop looking for the job in the feild you enjoy. You may have to take something in the mean time till you find what you want to do. Of course you don't want to state that in an interview.

Also you can sell crap on ebay to make some cash in the mean time. I buy and sell stuff all the time and turn a profit on ebay. Right now I have 8 Scotty Cameron putters I am having refinshed by Scotty Cameron and then I flip them. I bought them for around $125 each. I put in another $125 fixing them up and them I sell them for around $400 as one of a kind custom clubs. I do it because I love Scotty Cameron putters, but I don't mind a little side money the wife does not make me account for.

Whaaaa????? I want a Scotty

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Put a menu of your best dishes together and start a catering business. Get some business cards and/or menus made to give to local businesses. If you don't have the cash for a professional website, just make a free Facebook business page.

Hope this helps and good luck!