What's new

Damn you guys!

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
So I stumble across a post nearly 1.5 years old lastnight regarding "what cigars don't you smoke in your humidor". Java junkie started it. Master shake, D-boy, Hoshi, Craig Mac and others all said not to save HTF's and to smoke them all. Damn you guys! You guys got to me. So tonight I decide to smoke one of my absolute favorites: LFD Salomon Natural. I have a handful of them in my wineador. Most are several years old, except the one received from my secret Santa this year, O-side. Tonight I lit off an old on and man is it good! Thanks guys!

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
It is a conundrum. You get rare or htf cigars but are hesitant to smoke them. That is what they are made for and what we truly want them for. I just smoke my on special ocassions and those would be anytime I can relax with family or friends to enjoy a cigar. Hope you enjoyed that one. Always nice when you have a couple extras stashed back for another time.

BMack

Some say I'm a dreamer...
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
A wise man once told me not to smoke a special cigar on a special occasion because the occasion is what will make the day memorable. He told me to smoke a special cigar on a normal (or even bad) day to make that day special and memorable. I don't know what I smoked the day I heard those wise words but I've never forgot them.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
A wise man once told me not to smoke a special cigar on a special occasion because the occasion is what will make the day memorable. He told me to smoke a special cigar on a normal (or even bad) day to make that day special and memorable. I don't know what I smoked the day I heard those wise words but I've never forgot them.
This is why BOTL is such a great place, as I will likely not forget this nugget of wisdom either. Thank you BMack.

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I am a firm believer in making every day a special occasion. So, I do save cigars for "Special Occasions" such as Thursday, or Monday. My issue when i look at the HTF or expensive smokes, I think, "if I smoke this, it will be gone" and put it aside for what ever reason. I need to try and stop that... Either that, learn to bomb those sticks out... :)

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
This is some really good advice!

BMack

Some say I'm a dreamer...
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I wish the gentleman that told me was an active member on this forum so I could give credit where credit is due, he is a wiser man than I.